Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
niros

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by niros » 06 Jan 2021, 04:40

infusedAI wrote:
25 Dec 2020, 19:41
Now I am using overclocked 241+frames with RT faster or ultrafast with firmware 520.
(there is no overclock option through the app only via menu)

The first thing I noticed if you keep moving the mouse left to right, the pointer's shadows(tracers) appear all the way.
The PureXP mode is a lock-compatible settings mode with unknown settings such as Response Time same as HDR.
For each increased level, you are getting a darker image.Ιf you have a less bright object, it will project fewer shadows on the edges.
it's a fact that you will have an improved image as far the darkness cover the ugliness of the jagged edges.

My opinion is that XG270 isn't a truly 240Hz monitor which is "PERFECT FOR GAMING. ENGINEERED FOR MORE."
Seems it's struggling to maintain a good Overall Response Time and the PureXP looks like a sunk experiment.
XG270 is a false advertised monitor like many, I am not surprised why the XG270Q, XG270QC, ELITE XG270QG went down to 165Hz and there is no place to find the PureXP technology.

I spent over € 500 and much time to find out how this might work with the best performance settings.
Αs a consumer who pays a lot for a product, he expects to work as it should. Not to force themselves to try out different tweaks.
I read several replies such as " lower your refresh rate, full RGB doesn't work as intended bugs..bugs.
You know what I DONT WANT TO TRY ANYTHING ELSE because I paid for this advertised monitor:
-240Hz REFRESH RATE
-1MS (GtG) RESPONSE TIME
-PureXP™ MOTION BLUR REDUCTION
Fully certified and tuned by Blur Busters, PureXP blur reduction utilizes backlight strobing, drastically improving left to right motion image clarity for clear visuals in fast-moving objects.

-27” FHD 3-SIDE BORDERLESS
-HDR10
-99% sRGB COVERAGE and the rest of them..
Hi,
Care to share your best settings with the xg270?

I have it for almost a year and cant find settings that i like for fps gaming.

Feeling it was a mistake buying this one instead of the dyac benq

If you managed to find the best settings for this monitor please let me know

Otzl

Post by Otzl » 06 Jan 2021, 09:02

niros wrote:
06 Jan 2021, 04:40
Hi,
Care to share your best settings with the xg270?

I have it for almost a year and cant find settings that i like for fps gaming.

Feeling it was a mistake buying this one instead of the dyac benq

If you managed to find the best settings for this monitor please let me know
It's only a mistake if you aren't happy with it, as there is no perfect monitor (yet). While I think this monitor is great, there are some sacrifices which I'm aware of but happy to make, as I prioritise motion clarity over pixel density. That said, until a 1440p IPS 240Hz Blur Busters Approved monitor comes out, this will be my favourite monitor. It's not hard to achieve 119 FPS in most games, and I prefer the more stuttery but cleaner motion of 119Hz (Vertical Total 2268) over the more fluid but blurrier motion of 224/240Hz. I use PureXP Ultra and 119Hz with VSync (RTSS -0.01 cap) for every game where possible, except for Unreal Tournament 2004 where 119Hz feels laggier than 224Hz for some reason. When games dip below 119 FPS, I drop the refresh rate to 100Hz or 75Hz accordingly. Some, if not most people find PureXP Ultra unusable, but I think it's fine in the daytime and perfect at night. The colours are absolutely gorgeous on this monitor so I certainly couldn't settle for a TN panel like the BenQ. I like 1080p for desktop use and games, but it does make aliasing more noticeable and shadows sometimes look bad, depending on the game.

I made the mistake of buying the VG279QM back in March, as it was cheaper and actually in stock, whereas the Viewsonic was out of stock or overpriced. I thought I'd be getting a good strobing experience (if not better) than the Viewsonic because of its higher native refresh rate, but the ELMB-Sync feature I purchased the monitor for was completely lackluster and I regretted my decision. When I finally managed to get this monitor, I was very happy with my purchase - and I don't think I have the best unit either. A5hun's unit looks better than mine at 119Hz without the vertical total tweak.

Anyway, bit of a tangent, but I hope you find a new way to enjoy this monitor or sell it and get something that makes you happier. Nothing worse than buyer's remorse, right?
Viewsonic XG270 @ 119Hz (VT 2268) with PureXP "Ultra" | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | AMD Radeon RX 5700XT | Patriot Viper Steel Series 4400Mhz @ 3800Mhz 1:1 FCLK

donnie

Post by donnie » 06 Jan 2021, 19:35

Btw, on the black screen g-sync issue theme, I've always had this problem and had to up the lowest hz to 55. But I recently bought 3080 rtx and with the latest drivers, I am not having an issue with blackouts anymore....

I've had this issue with 1080ti previously, so it's like chief says a gfx\driver issue. 48 working like a charm now with g-sync.

Also to the one asking about best settings. I played quite some competitive fps with this monitor, together with mates and vs people with dyac benq's and such.. and was among top players in some games. I first used lots of tweaks and stuff like 234 lock fps, scanline, 224 whatever.. but on the end I just used 240hz + g-sync + od fastest.. and it works really nice.

spysmily1

Post by spysmily1 » 07 Jan 2021, 09:57

I don't have access to a new card now. I am currently still having issues at 55hz. I decided to go to 57hz and am still having issues. The blackouts are lessened going from 48hz(almost constant in and out) to 55hz(sporadic but not as constant) but I'm not sure if there is a change when going from 55 to 57hz.

" I just used 240hz + g-sync + od fastest"
Is this with no fps lock? If you don't, do you enable v-sync? If so, why not lock fps? I would think there is no benefit to having v-sync input lag kick in above 240fps.

donnie

Post by donnie » 07 Jan 2021, 12:40

For the games that go above 240, where using g-sync I do lock yes, using RTTS.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2021, 15:11

Otzl wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 17:53
I would like to setup a similar QFT custom resolution at 119Hz to yours at 120Hz, but I can't wrap my head around why CRU won't accept the timings when trying to create a resolution for 120Hz (for practice). How would I calculate the timings for 119Hz? What do I do with Blanking and Back Porch? When trying to create the resolution, "1080" in Front Porch is red. It works if I create the resolution under DisplayID, but the resolution doesn't show up and cannot be used. One last thing - why do my large vertical total resolutions (e.g.; 2269 at 119Hz or 1205 at 224Hz) stop me from using 10-bit colour? Is it even noticeable for games?

Thank you so much in advance. I apologise for ramming all this into one message, it's just I'm fascinated with this site but I'm put off by how complicated it is. I cannot seem to get my head around half of this information, but I want the best experience in my games. I'd really appreciate some help.

Copied and pasted from PM to Chief, who kindly asked me to share the question here instead of messaging directly.
Are you on an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card?

Also, while it was more ideal, don't use "1080" in Front Porch (Because of compatibility reasons), use Back Porch or just edit total. You will need to use RTSS Scanline Sync to re-time Windows frame presentation to end-of-VBI. You can use the screenshot earlier in this thread for the 120Hz QFT mode.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Jan 2021, 15:13

spysmily1 wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 09:57
I don't have access to a new card now. I am currently still having issues at 55hz. I decided to go to 57hz and am still having issues. The blackouts are lessened going from 48hz(almost constant in and out) to 55hz(sporadic but not as constant) but I'm not sure if there is a change when going from 55 to 57hz.

" I just used 240hz + g-sync + od fastest"
Is this with no fps lock? If you don't, do you enable v-sync? If so, why not lock fps? I would think there is no benefit to having v-sync input lag kick in above 240fps.
How fresh/old is your Windows installation and have you ever done a clean uninstall-reinstall of NVIDIA drivers?

The 55 Hz issue is software-timing based from NVIDIA drivers and have happened on a few brands (other than ViewSonic). The combination of "NVIDIA" and "FreeSync" (original AMD) still has a number of issues especially if lots of things are running.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

spysmily1

Post by spysmily1 » 08 Jan 2021, 09:18

My windows install is 3 months old. This problem was before and after the install. I have done the clean install of the drivers before the fresh install of windows using the Display Driver Uninstaller.

If I'm streaming to my second PC, I will use that when my screen goes blank.

Otzl

Post by Otzl » 10 Jan 2021, 05:01

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
07 Jan 2021, 15:11
Otzl wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 17:53
I would like to setup a similar QFT custom resolution at 119Hz to yours at 120Hz, but I can't wrap my head around why CRU won't accept the timings when trying to create a resolution for 120Hz (for practice). How would I calculate the timings for 119Hz? What do I do with Blanking and Back Porch? When trying to create the resolution, "1080" in Front Porch is red. It works if I create the resolution under DisplayID, but the resolution doesn't show up and cannot be used. One last thing - why do my large vertical total resolutions (e.g.; 2269 at 119Hz or 1205 at 224Hz) stop me from using 10-bit colour? Is it even noticeable for games?

Thank you so much in advance. I apologise for ramming all this into one message, it's just I'm fascinated with this site but I'm put off by how complicated it is. I cannot seem to get my head around half of this information, but I want the best experience in my games. I'd really appreciate some help.

Copied and pasted from PM to Chief, who kindly asked me to share the question here instead of messaging directly.
Are you on an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card?

Also, while it was more ideal, don't use "1080" in Front Porch (Because of compatibility reasons), use Back Porch or just edit total. You will need to use RTSS Scanline Sync to re-time Windows frame presentation to end-of-VBI. You can use the screenshot earlier in this thread for the 120Hz QFT mode.
Thanks for your reply! I'm on an AMD graphics card.
Viewsonic XG270 @ 119Hz (VT 2268) with PureXP "Ultra" | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | AMD Radeon RX 5700XT | Patriot Viper Steel Series 4400Mhz @ 3800Mhz 1:1 FCLK

Polytech

Post by Polytech » 13 Jan 2021, 01:44

Update on a problem that i had in Windows 10. When i was turning Adaptive Sync ON in monitor options, my screen was black untill i reboot and reverse the Adaptive sync to OFF. Updating drivers or firmware didnt help out.

At some point i had to reset my windows 10 to default settings for a reason not related to the monitor. After a reset (its almost like reinstall, all installed software is lost, but personal files remain) and installing nvidia drivers i tried Adaptive Sync again and it worked. I dont know what exactly caused the issue (apparently some software problem). When i bought the XG270 i was experimenting with custom resolutions and other settings, im pretty sure at this point Adaptive Sync worked well, i just wasnt using it. But some time later, when i tried to use Adaptive Sync in a random game, i figured out that its broken. Anyway windows reset or reinstall helps, if anyone will run into this problem in the future.