Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Gregix

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by Gregix » 16 Nov 2020, 14:53

Well, I just can't stand glow...aand I gave it to my son.
I am back on xl2564, I know, TN, but feels better. At least I know panel is sshiet, blacks goes to blue, but, it does not glow.

Damn I wanna have OLED screen. As monitor that is. My c8 LG is superfine but to big to this task...
[email protected], 2080s, ddr4 4100c15, sb ae-7 plus ATH M50XBT. Screen VS Elite XG270, had XL2546, XL2720Z, LG 27GK750F-B, Dell 2412M...

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 16 Nov 2020, 16:36

I for one love not having to stand right in the middle of the screen for a good picture. Sometime I slouch in my seat but the colors are still ok. If I did that with my TN the whole top of the screen would go really dark.

Edge of the screen might be brighter/glow in movies or any dark content, but I had some clouding with my TN panel as well.

Also, somewhat similar to TN if you seat yourself properly the glow is diminished. (I still use my TN as a secondary monitor, but I couldn't use it as primary anymore)

brownvim

Post by brownvim » 29 Nov 2020, 17:11

PS5 games that run 120fps looks so good on this monitor with Pure XP enabled.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Nov 2020, 17:24

brownvim wrote:
29 Nov 2020, 17:11
PS5 games that run 120fps looks so good on this monitor with Pure XP enabled.
Great testimonial of ViewSonic XG270 -- I think ViewSonic would be glad to know that it's a great PS5 120fps monitor.

Little known secret of 240 Hz monitors having the best 120Hz strobe modes. (Refresh rate headroom to improve low-Hz strobe quality)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Nov 2020, 17:30

Gregix wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 14:53
Damn I wanna have OLED screen. As monitor that is. My c8 LG is superfine but to big to this task...
Or full array local dimming (FALD). Some of the multithousand-count FALDs are really kick ass and might as well be OLED quality with minor/nonexistent blooming.

From what I know, 240Hz FALD's are coming before desktop-size OLEDs.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 01 Dec 2020, 08:19

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 17:30
Gregix wrote:
16 Nov 2020, 14:53
Or full array local dimming (FALD). Some of the multithousand-count FALDs are really kick ass and might as well be OLED quality with minor/nonexistent blooming.

From what I know, 240Hz FALD's are coming before desktop-size OLEDs.
Is there any estimated date?

Also, i've seen you talking about this, are there vidoes of it, and comparing it or something? If it can be as good as OLED, and maybe without OLED problems, i'd like to know more about them :) .

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Dec 2020, 16:12

Currently, first rumored one is the Huawei 240Hz FALD:
www.google.com/search?q=Huawei+240Hz+FALD
This probably will light a fire under other manufacturers to follow suit.

Be noted, low-element-count FALD is prone to blooming artifacts. If you’ve seen a HDTV television set with a FALD, you already know what I’m talking about.

However, when there is thousands of MiniLEDs behind the screen — preferably over 10,000 — the blooming pretty much becomes a non-issue. Beyond about 50,000 LED count, the blooming becomes smaller than the bloom around a CRT phosphor dot.

Bear in mind, even a 50,000-LED backlight is easier to tool a factory to manufacturer cheaper than a direct-view full-color MicroLED display (millions of LEDs).

Right now, commoditized manufacturing has not yet arrived to FALD sheets — as they have to ribbons and JumboTron modules (32x32’s and 64x64’s) allowing you to have 300-to-4000 LEDs for the leagues of only 10 dollars. But once monochrome MiniLED sheets suitable for backlighting falls to commodity pricing, I believe sub-$1000 FALD desktop monitors will finally boom by ~2025 and beyod.

The decision to tool an OLED/MiniLED/MicroLED manufacture, versus the decision to tool FALD sheets to improve LCDs, does largely influence how long LCD stays in the refresh rate race to retina refresh rates — but it appears LCD is going to be around for quite a good deal longer than many of us has expected.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 02 Dec 2020, 10:30

Thank you Chief!

No, i've never seen even a TV with that (none that i'm aware of :D ). Hope we get more news about these monitors soon; as i said, if they are close to OLEDs without their problems, it is something i want :D .

AddictFPS

Post by AddictFPS » 02 Dec 2020, 18:03

These new FALD sheets, support strobing and rolling scan ? thx

niros

Post by niros » 05 Dec 2020, 13:08

So it's been a while but i finally got myself a new build (thanks to BF deals) and i am able to activate Gsync on this monitor

so my question is regarding apex leegends

Apex work best up to190fps so i wonder if i cap my fps to 187 ingame and activate gsync while my monitor is at 240hz does apex still gonna benefit from the gsync? or i need to create a custom resolution and choose 190hz instead to get gsync activate?

please let me know :)