Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
niros

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by niros » 11 Dec 2020, 05:28

Hi, Asking again guys.
Just looking for a good monitor settings for Cyberpunk 2077 :)
more about the color and image adjust and probably will activate adaptive sync>gsync

if any1 willing to share please let me know :)

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 11 Dec 2020, 05:51

I just enabled Adaptive Sync, selected the Realistic 'Game Mode', lowered the brightness and used Lagom to check my white and black saturation, color banding. (color range and color space set to auto)
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php

The realistic profile takes care (and locks) saturation, gamma, sharpness and other settings. You're just left with contrasts and brightness.
I want realistic non exaggerated or overexposed picture.

Angel Soler

Post by Angel Soler » 12 Dec 2020, 10:48

Hello everyone :)

I bought the PS5, and I wanted the best possible monitor to be able to play at 120 hz.
What I want this monitor to have is the best possible clarity at 120 Hz and the least possible input lag.

To play the old consoles (60 hz) I have the XL2411P, which is the option with the best input lag of all the options available to play with a screen that does single strobe at 60 hz.

I want to achieve the same, but at 120 hz.

It seems that the best option right now is the XG270, but this year there are going to be some monitors that will also do single strobe at 60.

From what I understand, the monitors to come out have a native resolution of 1440p, and the XG270 is 1080P.

So my question is the following:

If I'm going to play with 1080P resolution, would I have less input lag with a 1080P native resolution monitor?
That is to say, a monitor with 1440p native resolution would have more input lag at 1080P because it has to scale from 1440p to 1080p.

I ask all this to buy the XG270 directly or wait for the new monitors.

I hope I have explained myself well hahahahaha (I do everything with a translator hahahaha)

Thank you so much for everything.

niros

Post by niros » 15 Dec 2020, 13:31

Can someone share his settings for the monitor please?
I'm trying to find the best settings for this monitor clarity and for RPG's/Cyberpunk

please let me know!

Eternis

Post by Eternis » 16 Dec 2020, 22:35

So I got this after returning a different monitor, and right out the gate I'm glad I did. I had a couple of questions though. When I was using the other monitor (It had gsync, not gsync compatible Freesync like this one), if I had Gsync on NVCP Vertical Sync On, and I ran a game, I'd get the confirmation and the fps would match the hz of the monitor (240). Cool, that seems like it's fine. OK same set-up with the XG270, but with those two things enabled, there seems to be an FPS of a few frames below 240 (like, 237 or so). I know that this is sort of the ideal set-up anyways per other reading I did, correct? What thing is causing this framerate cap? I loaded up every other game I loaded up with the former monitor and the cap seemed to be a thing across the board.

Edit: Wait a sec, is this due to the Ultra Low Latency setting in the "Low Latency Mode" in NVCP? I don't know if that was there before or not...

I also still want to try out the ULMB XP stuff too, I just wanted to putz around with this first and see what I like more.

I had two questions though, what is the whole "ViewMode" thing? I don't understand what that's changing or doing (to the right of the Input Select in the OSD).
2nd question: What exactly is Response Time OD? There is a laughable explanation but I couldn't nail down what it is and when it's appropriate to putz around with it

niros

Post by niros » 18 Dec 2020, 13:33

would like to know why the fastest OD setting is the best?
saw some reviews online that said "Faster" is the better one?

I'm using GSYNC OFF, VSYNC OFF , NUL -Ultra and 224Hz- PURE Xp off

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 18 Dec 2020, 14:24

I don't know why, but "ultra fast" seems to be better than "fastest" (which has inversion artifacts)
https://www.aperturegrille.com/reviews/ ... uit-OD-240

niros

Post by niros » 20 Dec 2020, 16:06

Ansive wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:24
I don't know why, but "ultra fast" seems to be better than "fastest" (which has inversion artifacts)
my bad

anyway when im scrolling text in browser it seems like its harder to read the text and there's some ghosting maybe?
what can i do to fix this? lower refresh rate and activate the purexp?

Ansive

Post by Ansive » 20 Dec 2020, 17:43

Set OD to "ultra fast".
Play with the tests here:
https://www.testufo.com/photo

Try Pure xp on and off (adaptive sync needs to be deactivated).
And try various refresh rates (and brightness levels if you flashed a newer monitor firmware).
Ghosting is normal without backlight strobing (pure xp) due to sample and hold effect and also slow pixel color transition.

Best results for ghosting reduction are probably 100 or 119hz with pure xp on.

donnie

Post by donnie » 22 Dec 2020, 04:23

Ansive wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:24
Don't use full color control together when you're in fastest mode, it's a known long time bug with this monitor. Just use Native or sRGB color profiles and it won't give you those artefacts. We also figured this is due to how the VTT is setup in the resolution, if you make a custom resolution with CRU, it's possible to fix this by lowering the VTT to get some headroom and then you can use full color control and fastest as well, however I forgot how to do it exactly, you can search the thread.

I just use G-Sync 240hz for most of the games where I don't hit max fps, and it's been working great. Otherwise, G-Sync on, NVCP low latency on, and RTSS limit to 236fps works great in shooters, OD Fastest.