Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
zibra

Re: Viewsonic XG270 with 'PureXP" MBR [pre-tuned by Blur Busters!]

Post by zibra » 26 Apr 2022, 08:57

Reverae wrote:
31 Mar 2022, 14:48
Download the custom utility. Someone in YT posted this "I use a custom setting with a pulse width of 19 (which gives me about 100 nits of brightness). I think my pulse phase is at something like 82 , overdrive at 5, and vertical total of 4500. I get ZERO crosstalk at 60Hz and it looks absolutely amazing. "
Thank you

SEA_mukilteo

Post by SEA_mukilteo » 05 May 2022, 12:32

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Apr 2022, 23:24
SEA_mukilteo wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 16:23
Can I expect no ghosting 3D stereo image with quadro graphic card / stereo 3 pin extension connector/active IR shutter glass and this viewsonic XG270?
Personally I'd consider the ViewSonic XG2431 for even better zero-crosstalk results (using 120Hz with the VT2250 trick).

Make sure the 3D glasses are correct polarization (vertical polarization versus horizontal polarization). IPS is polarized 90 degrees differently from TN screens, so shutter glasses for TN screens won't necessarily work unless you rotate your monitor by 90 degrees to portrait.
Hello,
I had chance to test ViewSonic XG2431 with active IR shutter glasses(XPAN 105-IR-X1 / for general 3D TV).
The test environment are like followings:
- Prepared side by side green/blue image @120Hz(sView)
- Quadro RTX 5000 with VESA stereo 3 pin extension connector
- Set PureXP as "Ultra" in ViewSonic XG2431

Observation
- No blur image on each left/right lens of IR shutter glass
- No polarized issue, it was same as TN screens

Question
Do you know why no polarized issue on ViewSonic XG2431?

Thanks,
Attachments
PureXP set up
PureXP set up
ViewSonic_XG2431.jpg (3.61 MiB) Viewed 6254 times
No polarized issue
No polarized issue
ViewSonic_XG2431_IR_shutterglasses.jpg (2.63 MiB) Viewed 6254 times
Side by side (Blue/Green)
Side by side (Blue/Green)
test-image-LBlue-RGreen.jpg (73.02 KiB) Viewed 6254 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 05 May 2022, 15:02

SEA_mukilteo wrote:
05 May 2022, 12:32
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
19 Apr 2022, 23:24
SEA_mukilteo wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 16:23
Can I expect no ghosting 3D stereo image with quadro graphic card / stereo 3 pin extension connector/active IR shutter glass and this viewsonic XG270?
Personally I'd consider the ViewSonic XG2431 for even better zero-crosstalk results (using 120Hz with the VT2250 trick).

Make sure the 3D glasses are correct polarization (vertical polarization versus horizontal polarization). IPS is polarized 90 degrees differently from TN screens, so shutter glasses for TN screens won't necessarily work unless you rotate your monitor by 90 degrees to portrait.
Hello,
I had chance to test ViewSonic XG2431 with active IR shutter glasses(XPAN 105-IR-X1 / for general 3D TV).
The test environment are like followings:
- Prepared side by side green/blue image @120Hz(sView)
- Quadro RTX 5000 with VESA stereo 3 pin extension connector
- Set PureXP as "Ultra" in ViewSonic XG2431

Observation
- No blur image on each left/right lens of IR shutter glass
- No polarized issue, it was same as TN screens

Question
Do you know why no polarized issue on ViewSonic XG2431?
This is because XG2431 polarization direction is 90-degrees different from most TN screens. That makes it compatible with different shutter glasses, like repurposed DLP shutter glasses.

- Shutter glasses uses LCD shutters which don't work well with wrong-polarized light.
- DLP emits unpolarized light (compatible with all shutter glasses)
- TN emits polarized light (compatible only with certain shutter glasses)
- IPS emits polarized light 90 degrees different from TN (compatible with DIFFERENT shutter glasses)

So shutter glasses must be compatible with the LCD's polarization.

You can also rotate a screen between portrait/landscape to fix polarization compatibility issues, since TN and IPS are polarized differently. IPS polarization is apparently more compatible with DLP-glasses polarization, because LCD inside shutter glasses don't work well with wrong-polarized light.

You found one of the best kept secrets: Today XG2431 is one of the best tiny 24" 3DTV-compatibles ever released -- near perfect zero crosstalk with the 120Hz VT2250 trick in ToastyX -- then re-calibrated with ViewSonic Strobe Utility to hide the room-temperature-sensitive part of crosstalk (temperature of summer/winter can worsen 3D glasses crosstalk).

I found that XG2431 PureXP is compatible with most DLP-Link glasses, with a "DLP-Link emulator" that has a shutter phase adjustment. And then using 3rd party 3D players that uses sequential-frame.

Voila. Perfect 3D from XG2431 that is superior to most 3DTVs and even better than NVIDIA 3D Vision!

It's very hard to setup, but I've been thinking of creating an open-source adjustable Arduino DLP-Link emulator box. That can turn most strobed LCDs into 3DTVs. It requires adjustable shutter phase, to compensate for refresh-delay difference between LCD and DLP, but other than that, it works perfect to use DLP-Link glasses with many strobed LCDs.

I imagine it'd work great with VorpX (enables 3D in video games), to turn XG2431 into a 3D Vision clone, usable with any generic DLP-Link glasses with compatible polarization.

Actually, I'll post an open source prize pot for this.

Bounty prize offer: $200 USD paid to first forum member who can package a working open source VorpX + DLP-Link solution for ViewSonic XG270 or XG2431

Requirements:
- DLP-Link glasses (cheap at $10 each)
- DLP-Link emulator (simple arduino box, I recommend Teensy 4.0 since it supports 0.125 microsecond USB 8000Hz for accurate sync)
- ViewSonic XG2431 monitor
- Viewsonic Strobe Utility

This probably won't need any changes to VorpX, however, if any is required (to sync between the DLP-Link emulator arduino over a USB cable), that code also needs to be contributed as open source to the VorpX team as a possible VorpX plug-in.

Bonus: Adjustable shutter-open-length per eye, and adjustable shutter-open-phase (relative to VSYNC signalling over USB cable to DLP-Link emulator box from Windows D3DKMTGetScanline() to monitor VBlank events). That should make it compatible with almost all strobed monitors, assuming compatible polarization.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

pacman

Post by pacman » 12 May 2022, 16:58

How is the strobe crosstalk of the XG270 at 75 Hz? Is there any pursuit-camera photo/video?

Robbo99999

Post by Robbo99999 » 05 Jun 2022, 13:04

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 20:30
Yep. ViewSonic had me factory-optimize the ClearXP+ strobe backlight mode on this monitor.

For a long time, bad strobe crosstalk and poor strobed color quality has been a long-time pet peeve of Blur Busters.

It's 120 Hz strobing is among the better I've seen thus far.

Yes, you heard me right. 99% sRGB strobed. IPS colors strobed. With the low crosstalk of TN. The cake is not a lie.

Its 1ms IPS is roughly as fast as a yesteryear 1ms TN. Even if not perfect 1ms. See Pixel Response: GtG vs MPRT FAQ for how pixel response numbers are measured, it's really fuzzy. But I've seen worse and ghostier 1ms TN panels than these 240 Hz 1ms Nano IPS panels. For 120Hz, I have less strobe crosstalk on my XG270 than my very old BenQ XL2720 which I also love for its flexibility.

If you want to support Blur Busters, feel free to buy your XG270 via this Amazon link:
(Purchasing this monitor via this link sends a commission to Blur Busters)

Amazon: ViewSonic XG270 -- 240Hz 1ms IPS Gaming Monitor

Also, I am pleased to mention that the XG270 is easy user firmware upgradeable via its USB port! No dongles.

A new Blur Busters Approved firmware is coming at ViewSonic that will add levels to the strobe backlight (Light, Normal, Extreme) as a pulse width adjustment. Though you can't adjust strobe phase, you will eventually be able to adjust pulse width in granular steps. I believe the new firmware is coming out early 2020. While you still lose a lot of brightness strobing. I'm able to get it pretty bright (about 2.5x to 4x brighter than PureXP+ first firmware) with the upcoming firmware I'm currently testing.

Custom Refresh Rate compatible (NVIDIA / AMD / ToastyX). Single strobes 75Hz thru 240Hz. Recommended strobe refresh is 120 Hz. Refresh rate headroom is your friend. No monitor (TN or IPS) does low-crosstalk at 240Hz yet. Though requires help to single-strobe 60 Hz, it also does really great strobed 60 Hz via software BFI in emulators (much better on this IPS than on TN). The nearly crosstalk-free 100 Hz and 120 Hz motion clarity reminds me of a Sony FW900 CRT on my desk -- except for LCD-style blacks instead of CRT-style blacks. The most CRT-color-quality strobing I've seen so far at this price range (if you strobe at 120Hz or less).

P.S. Although the marketing copy says "left/right" -- the blur reduction is omnidirectional and works vertically too. Marketing copy probably refers to TestUFO and FPS head turning since that's sideways motion. It works fine with vertical web browser smooth scrolling, no text ghosting -- we've dialed the strobe-optimized overdrive with careful consideration of comfortable strobed browser smooth scrolling too, not just games!

We're a LONG way from the "Poor LightBoost Colors" days, toto!
99% sRGB color gamut strobed.
Hi Mark, you helped me out over on Guru3d Forums (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a-500 ... st-6021265 ), I was asking you a load of questions re "high refresh rate monitor tech" and I ended up seeing a deal for a used XG270 for just £239 here in the UK on Amazon, so I bought it! The timing was right and I had an upgrade on the cards from my AOC G2460PG (TN panel, Gsync, 144Hz), and I wanted to join up here so I could give you my impressions as I know you've put a lot of effort into your website & this monitor during it's development. I've spent quite a bit of time with the monitor now and there's no defects that I can see (considering it's "used"), the packaging was damaged and there were grease marks on the screen which I cleaned off, but I see zero scratches & zero damage to the panel or frame or parts anywhere, so that was good/lucky'ish considering it's "used" from Amazon.

My first thoughts when I powered up the monitor, was wow the image "pops" and the colours are deep and vibrant and there is no viewing angle issues re changes in colour at different viewing angles. My second thoughts were that the OSD was a bit daunting to use for the first 20mins, but I soon worked out how to use the joystick to efficiently navigate the extensive menus, and a bit of Googling in this thread helped me to work out the significance of some of the settings.

After spending some time optimising this monitor and using it for gaming I've definitely come to some solid conclusions about it:
  • Fact that it's not viewing angle dependant is fantastic, a quality of IPS, which is a major difference after coming from TN.
  • The PureXP strobing is phenomenally good vs the ULMB implementation on my previous TN G-sync panel (yr 2014 or 2015): there is no perceptible change to colours & contrast when flipping from standard to strobing, and the brightness of the "Extreme" PureXP preset is just as bright as my daily normal non-strobed setting, with "Extreme" being just one step below the darkest & least blur strobed setting on this monitor. The motion clarity is exceptional at this "Extreme" setting at 120Hz/120fps and using Scanline sync in RTSS, and of course keeping 120fps as a minimum fps. My previous TN Panel ULMB was extremely dark in comparison and did untold hideous things to the colours/contrast & general image....whereas this XG270 doesn't have any perceptible image quality drawbacks whilst running strobing, there is some slight ghosting in the UFO tests at 120Hz (which is better than 119Hz) but it's a lot better than that of my previous TN panel. And to note whilst gaming I don't notice any ghosting at all, it's very clear......so I think the UFO test is the worst case scenario.
  • The visibility of the gradients from dark to light for each of the colours is very consistent and you can see detail in the dark shadows whilst still retaining a sense of depth and contrast in the image, which is evident by seeing the discrete steps in the lagom tests here (http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php ). This enables me to sense a greater sense of depth & realism in the gaming environment as well as a greater chance of spotting enemies sooner....which is further enhanced by the clarity of the PureXP implemenation I was talking about earlier (due to lack of blur of course, whilst still retaining image quality).
onto some important tweaks to get the most out of the monitor:
  • Set Nvidia Control Panel on Resolution Page to output 10 bits "10bpc" - you have to set it to use NVidia settings rather than "default colour settings" because otherwise the monitor defaults to running at a lower bit depth. This can help with reducing banding.....I do feel that effects like smoke & fog look better in games now, but it might be placebo as that is what I might expect with 8 vs 10bit.
  • I use the Default "Custom 1" setting in the monitor OSD but change it to "Full Colour Control" and tweak the RGB sliders to get a 6500K white point when measured with my Spyder4Pro calibrator, and I've found it gives best results by not letting the Spyder4Pro create a calibration icc profile, just I use it to set the white point to 6500K....otherwise the Spyder4Pro adds some green & red tinges to the lower grayscale....I don't know why. I also lower Contrast from default 70 to 69, you'd think it wouldn't have much affect, but it prevents crushing of the last few brightest shades - this could be unit to unit dependant and also dependant on what your other settings you've chosen within the monitor, so don't just copy mine or parts of it. Brightness 44, lowered to that for about 120-125cdm. I use the Overdrive setting, which is call "Response Time OD" which confused me initially, I set that to Faster which is the default, that's fine....the Fastest setting created overdrive artifacts (can't remember the term for them - Coronas I think?).
  • I limit the colour gamut to sRGB for greater accuracy rather than using oversaturated colours (as this monitor displays a greater gamut than sRGB), I use a freeware program to reduce the gamut to "precisely" sRGB so that games & web content can be delivered with the correct colour saturation - this is a thing for practically all monitors that display more than the sRGB spectrum, and is a good argument for monitors having an accurate built-in sRGB mode....the freeware program I use is called novideo_srgb which is a no-overhead way to persistently reduce gamut to sRGB with NVidia GPUs. Details of the idea are explained here: https://pcmonitors.info/articles/taming ... emulation/ , and the link to the program is here and the reddit thread too: https://github.com/ledoge/novideo_srgb , https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... idia_gpus/ . I find this makes the colours more natural, they're good out of the box, but it improves them and reduces the saturation....I use a custom measured ICC profile from Spyder4Pro to import into that tool to give the data to the tool to reduce the gamut to sRGB accurately, but the tool can also be used to read the EDID of the monitor instead in order to reduce the gamut to sRGB, just it might not be as accurate that way.
  • Ah, just remembered, I reduce the Sharpness setting from 75 to 50 (it's adjustable in 25 point steps, so not a large adjustment, just the next notch down) - this makes text smoother to read, as I guess a 27" monitor combined with just 1080p means that you don't want text too sharp....I've found this reduces eye strain when used at 50 Sharpness, and also it lowers the Moire Pattern effect, and you can tweak your sharpness from the file & descriptions here: https://www.rtings.com/monitor/learn/ho ... r-settings
    Actually, this tweak might be one of the best tweaks for this monitor, as it's easy to do & tweak for yourself and noticeably reduces eye strain. I also feel that lowering this that one notch also contributes to greater detail in photographs, that could be placebo though, but I feel if you set Sharpness too high then you ironically loose some fine detail (strands of very thin hair perhaps in photos) - I've not compared this rigourously, just an impression.
  • Some of the Game Modes you can select for the display are obviously far off accurate and very strange, but it doesn't matter, people can see if they like it or not, but I've got a photo on my desktop wallpaper of a sun rising behind earth as viewed from outer space and it's a got a lot of low brightness gradient textures intermingling with brighter aspects of the sun, and it's immediately obvious when you flip it to an unrealistic setting that can make it bloom too much or cause obvious banding or lack or blending between the shades. sRGB mode and Custom 1 tweaked mode that I talked about seem the most natural.
Yeah, so in conclusion, I'm super impressed with this monitor, it's a major upgrade from my previous 2014/2016 TN Gsync/ULMB monitor in terms of image quality and strobed quality - really no comparison, and given I got it in at a price of just £239 (used but perfect) makes me feel like a winner, I've gotta win sometimes! I'll need to upgrade my CPU/platform before I can experience how good the 240Hz Gsync is, but 120Hz Gsync has been just fine so far, which I've been using for comparatively slow paced single player adventure games.

One question for you Mark before I go, do you have any thoughts on what modes and settings to use the monitor at to get it's most natural native experience in terms of the best starting platform of settings for grayscale & colour tweaking? I started at the "Full Control" option as I either wanted to run without an icc profile or at least tweak as close to accurate as possible with the monitor settings first before applying any software.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 06 Jun 2022, 15:40

Robbo99999 wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 13:04
Hi Mark, you helped me out over on Guru3d Forums (https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/a-500 ... st-6021265 ), I was asking you a load of questions re "high refresh rate monitor tech" and I ended up seeing a deal for a used XG270 for just £239 here in the UK on Amazon, so I bought it! The timing was right and I had an upgrade on the cards from my AOC G2460PG (TN panel, Gsync, 144Hz), and I wanted to join up here so I could give you my impressions as I know you've put a lot of effort into your website & this monitor during it's development. I've spent quite a bit of time with the monitor now and there's no defects that I can see (considering it's "used"), the packaging was damaged and there were grease marks on the screen which I cleaned off, but I see zero scratches & zero damage to the panel or frame or parts anywhere, so that was good/lucky'ish considering it's "used" from Amazon.

[...]

Yeah, so in conclusion, I'm super impressed with this monitor, it's a major upgrade from my previous 2014/2016 TN Gsync/ULMB monitor in terms of image quality and strobed quality - really no comparison
Thanks for the compliment!

BTW, 240Hz GSYNC still benefits 100fps, by reducing input lag. Running 100fps during 240Hz G-SYNC allows the 100fps frames to be transmitted over the video cable in 1/240sec.

Unless your problem is that your graphics card doesn't support 240Hz with your current video cable -- usually this is easily remedied by upgrading your cable or using the cable that came with the monitor (However, sometimes early specimens and used monitors come with the wrong cable) -- you would need to be using a very old non-VRR-compatible graphics card to be unable to do 240Hz. As far as I know, all VRR-compatible graphics cards for PCs are all able to do 1080p 240hz over their DisplayPort connection, so whenever you're using VRR you might as well leave it at 240Hz even if your framerate never exceed 100fps -- because the latency is lower.

The story is different when it comes to PureXP -- then optimizing the refresh rate nearer your framerates has a big benefit on any strobe technology (PureXP, CRT, DyAc, ULMB, etc) in avoiding those ugly double-image effects.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Robbo99999

Post by Robbo99999 » 07 Jun 2022, 01:21

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 15:40
Robbo99999 wrote:
05 Jun 2022, 13:04

[...]

Yeah, so in conclusion, I'm super impressed with this monitor, it's a major upgrade from my previous 2014/2016 TN Gsync/ULMB monitor in terms of image quality and strobed quality - really no comparison
Thanks for the compliment!

BTW, 240Hz GSYNC still benefits 100fps, by reducing input lag. Running 100fps during 240Hz G-SYNC allows the 100fps frames to be transmitted over the video cable in 1/240sec.

Unless your problem is that your graphics card doesn't support 240Hz with your current video cable -- usually this is easily remedied by upgrading your cable or using the cable that came with the monitor (However, sometimes early specimens and used monitors come with the wrong cable) -- you would need to be using a very old non-VRR-compatible graphics card to be unable to do 240Hz. As far as I know, all VRR-compatible graphics cards for PCs are all able to do 1080p 240hz over their DisplayPort connection, so whenever you're using VRR you might as well leave it at 240Hz even if your framerate never exceed 100fps -- because the latency is lower.

The story is different when it comes to PureXP -- then optimizing the refresh rate nearer your framerates has a big benefit on any strobe technology (PureXP, CRT, DyAc, ULMB, etc) in avoiding those ugly double-image effects.
Hi, you're welcome, it's a monitor worthy of praise!

I wasn't clear enough, when I was describing that I'd need to upgrade my platform to experience 240Hz Gsync that was just because my CPU can't sustain 240fps in the games I play - I can certainly set the monitor to 240Hz, I've got a Display Port 1.4 cable (I'm using my own rather than the one shipped with the monitor) so that should be fine. Interesting to know the benefits of reduced latency of 240Hz Gsync when even running at 100fps vs setting the monitor to a lower refresh rate.

I haven't tried setting the monitor to 10bit through the NVidia driver when at 240Hz, but it does work setting it to 10bit at 120Hz. Did I read somewhere here that it won't do 240Hz at 10bit, I've not tried?

EDIT: 10bit is compatible with 240Hz on this monitor, just tried it.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Jun 2022, 21:15

Robbo99999 wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 01:21
I haven't tried setting the monitor to 10bit through the NVidia driver when at 240Hz, but it does work setting it to 10bit at 120Hz. Did I read somewhere here that it won't do 240Hz at 10bit, I've not tried?

10bit is usually more noticeable in video content, rather than games.

For gaming, it's not noticeable since games run at 8bpc generally (24bit) and also because 240Hz has superior LFC behaviours (fewer LFC stutters than 120Hz VRR). More visible benefit at 8bpc/240Hz for games.

I also forgot to also mention an additional advantage; Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) performs much better at 240Hz VRR than 120Hz VRR, so your ultralow-framerate games will also stutter/lag noticeably less. LFC stutter is tied to max Hz, so maximum LFC mis-stutter becomes 1/240sec refresh cycle timing error rather than 1/120sec refresh cycle timing error (e.g. for LFC at 240Hz, reduced to 4 pixel max LFC stutter at 960 pixels/sec)

One idea to better milk the 10bit benefit is to switch to 120Hz when playing video. 120Hz is good for 24fps, 30fps and 60fps, and you get the 10-bit. Then switch to 240Hz VRR for games.

Robbo99999

Post by Robbo99999 » 09 Jun 2022, 02:45

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 21:15
Robbo99999 wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 01:21

10bit is usually more noticeable in video content, rather than games.

For gaming, it's not noticeable since games run at 8bpc generally (24bit) and also because 240Hz has superior LFC behaviours (fewer LFC stutters than 120Hz VRR). More visible benefit at 8bpc/240Hz for games.

I also forgot to also mention an additional advantage; Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) performs much better at 240Hz VRR than 120Hz VRR, so your ultralow-framerate games will also stutter/lag noticeably less. LFC stutter is tied to max Hz, so maximum LFC mis-stutter becomes 1/240sec refresh cycle timing error rather than 1/120sec refresh cycle timing error (e.g. for LFC at 240Hz, reduced to 4 pixel max LFC stutter at 960 pixels/sec)

One idea to better milk the 10bit benefit is to switch to 120Hz when playing video. 120Hz is good for 24fps, 30fps and 60fps, and you get the 10-bit. Then switch to 240Hz VRR for games.
Thanks.

One more question, re Gsync.....do you recommend Vsync On in the NVidia Control Panel when using Gsync, given that this is a G-sync Compatible monitor rather than actually having a Gsync board installed? I notice in your Gsync 101 article that you say that advice currently is tested only with Gync boards rather than G-sync Compatible monitors: https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101- ... ttings/14/
(It's in an * at the top of your article)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Jun 2022, 19:57

emmanoah wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 05:51
The XG270 is claimed to be "Blur Busters Approved," yet the level of MBR crosstalk on this monitor is too high [...]
Photo missing -- can you attach it? It is possible you may have a less than top-quality specimen of XG270, or that your expectations were different -- but to help determine that, can you provide a photograph of www.testufo.com/crosstalk ?

Ideally, taken with a fast shutter (less than one-refresh cycle). It's important that the photograph captures only one strobe flash.

In addition, you need to warm up the monitor for several days to equalize the LCD:
- Backlight bleed versus pressure spots (use the burn-in time to filter out the pressure spots caused by shipping)
- LCD pixel response stabilizes after a little while (temperature). The strobe tuning is calibrated at 20C, so if your room is unusually cold or warm, there can be more crosstalk.

Thank you!