Need HELP w/ monitor choice ASUS/Benq

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Mike68

Need HELP w/ monitor choice ASUS/Benq

Post by Mike68 » 05 Dec 2019, 13:21

I have a few questions about monitors i cant find info on. If anyone has these or knows specifics id appreciate a heads up.

Feel free to suggest other monitors if you think they'd be better and ill check em out.

For now Im eyeing the following choices (starting with Asus and benq brands) and have concerns about each:

Asus VG258q - Whats the brightness on this with ELMB enabled?. Would 60 fps on this monitor look bad w/ 85 hz blur reduction? Or would that lead to the "Double image" effect? Im confused about this topic.

Benq Zowie 2411p - I cant find the brightness here w/ blur reduction enabled. Not sure if i want DYAC, or if i need it. And i know this one is single strobbed at lower HZ, so that's a plus for me. Lack of freesync may be an issue and i would clearly have to use vsync where needed, but im not sure this is the monitor i want to test this out on. Are some monitors simply better in terms of image quality than others at blur reduction even the the "tech" is mostly the same strobing? Like im confused about image quality across very similar monitors with similar specs (tn, IPS, etc). Like what makes a benq any better than an asus 1080P in terms of image quality?

Asus tuf elmb sync monitors - here ive seen very promising brightness levels, but ive read the crosstalk is terrible at lower ranges. Has anyone run these monitors w/ good crosstalk? I do like the elmb sync but not sure the tech is any good. Its very hard to find any reviews of this monitor by most mainstream reviewers (hardware unboxed, linus tech tips, etc).

Benq XL Zowie 2536 - Uses Dyac so im not worried about the brightness, but does this monitor single strobe down to 60? Ive read all the newer models dont.

Lastly the more expensive, but 240 hz, rog strix xg258q

This one probably has better brightness, but im going to be limited to higher FPS ranges required. this is where im confused about 240 hz versus 144 hz and how framerate effects image quality at these resolutions. Is generally any resolutions lower than the blur reduction going to introduce double images? Or is there a range?

And in general i was wondering about the clarity of images at higher refreshes and lower fps rates.

Would a non strobbed 240 hz look clearer at 30 fps than a non strobbed 144 hz at 30 fps? Whats the rule generally for the 240 hz leap and image clarity? Given freesync if i force a 240 hz native monitor to 144 hz would that look "the same" as a 144 hz native monitor in terms of quality (assuming the same panel type and similar specs)?

Any help w/ this would be greatly appreciated.