Clarity on motion blur viewsonic elite xg270

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Themannwithaplan

Clarity on motion blur viewsonic elite xg270

Post by Themannwithaplan » 09 Dec 2019, 21:56

Hello everyone new here. I'm in the process of upgrading my monitor after a beefy PC upgrade. I've always played at 60hz and abysmal fps. Now with my new rig I'm hitting 240+fps on competitive settings on all my titles so I want to upgrade to a 240hz monitor and kinda go balls to the wall...

using your amazing site and forums I've narrowed my search down to a viewsonic elite that is tuned by the motion blur man himself. I am mainly asking about 2 things...

One is if I made the right choice? I'm looking for 240 hz with good options so I can find what I prefer on these higher performances... via g sync, ulmb, or just keeping a solid 240 with nothing on. I see all these issues online with other monitors and I get the basics of it so I'm hoping for minimal ghosting and overshoot and the common complaints. This panel is rather new and highly praised so I'm quite excited.

Number 2 is settings... what are my best bets for getting a snappy smooth gameplay? I play a lot of first person shooters and I flick really hard when I have a sniper in my hands so I'm really hoping for max clarity and timing for those flick shots. If I'm getting a rock solid 240 fps should I just keep it at 240hz no strobe or sync? And lower fps I should lock it at 120 and use strobe if I'm not correct? Basically give me a full rundown here lol because I'm excited I found this my other option before was the asus xg248q.

Thanks everyone hope to hear soon.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Clarity on motion blur viewsonic elite xg270

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Dec 2019, 23:00

240Hz 1ms IPS panels are a really big improvement to IPS performance -- regardless of whether you like strobing or not.

The great thing is you do have a choice of both strobed and nonstrobed.

I've written pros/cons here -- 240Hz non-strobed versus 144Hz strobed along with links at the bottom of that post.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Dec 2019, 23:00

240Hz 1ms IPS panels are a really big improvement to IPS performance -- regardless of whether you like strobing or not. The better colors of IPS can also improve your ability to identify stuff quickly too. The input lag of the XG720 is incredbly low, slightly lower than some TN monitors I've used.

The great thing is you do have a choice of both strobed and nonstrobed.

I've written pros/cons here -- 240Hz non-strobed versus 144Hz strobed along with links at the bottom of that post. The Right Tool For The Right Job.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Themannwithaplan

Post by Themannwithaplan » 10 Dec 2019, 07:52

You are the man. Have you got numbers yet on the input lag? I heard this thing keeps up with the input lag of the alienware aw2518hf (my first choice before I found out all about strobing and other features..) so I know the 120hz strobe is great on this thing. But how is the 240hz non strobe in comparison to TN panels? Just incase I end up wanting to switch it up?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Dec 2019, 14:01

Themannwithaplan wrote:
10 Dec 2019, 07:52
You are the man. Have you got numbers yet on the input lag? I heard this thing keeps up with the input lag of the alienware aw2518hf (my first choice before I found out all about strobing and other features..) so I know the 120hz strobe is great on this thing. But how is the 240hz non strobe in comparison to TN panels? Just incase I end up wanting to switch it up?
240Hz is fantastic, well within the middle of TN territory. Unofficial numbers are posted in this thread. Incredibly low, low. It's well within TN ballpark.

AW2518HF is a popular favourite, that said, it does not have a strobe mode if that's important to you. Having that choice is really useful especially when the monitor's strobe mode is very good.