Advise on my new Monitor pls :)

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Umbra

Advise on my new Monitor pls :)

Post by Umbra » 21 Apr 2020, 15:15

Hey there, long time lurker, first-time poster!

First of all, I'd like to thank Chief and everyone around here for the amazing job, my gaming experience has been greatly improved since I discovered blurbusters in so many ways. Also, apologies for my English, I'm from Spain!

I've had the pleasure to enjoy for almost ~ 2 months an XL2546, I just fell in love with it. I didn't do any tweaks to it so far, just native 240Hz with DyAc and AMA on premium.

My problem is that my main monitor is a 34'5" inches — 3440x1440 Ultrawide — @120Hz — IPS 135% sRGB — G-Sync Module. So I really dislike the XL2546 being a TN and only 1080p... but then I love how smooth everything is on it, the 120Hz Ultrawide feels bad after playing a bit on the BenQ display...

So in conclusion, I'd love to buy something that is in-between, maybe not as fast as the BenQ, but close in terms of smoothness.
Is there any 2K IPS (doesn't need to be 240Hz) panels with a Blacklight Strobing technology as good as DyAc@240Hz or close?

Monitors thay I know of but haven't yet experienced first person:
  • Acer Predator XB271HU
  • ASUS ROG PG279Q
Thank you very much in advance!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Advise on my new Monitor pls :)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Apr 2020, 15:33

Umbra wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 15:15
So in conclusion, I'd love to buy something that is in-between, maybe not as fast as the BenQ, but close in terms of smoothness. Is there any 2K IPS (doesn't need to be 240Hz) panels with a Blacklight Strobing technology as good as DyAc@240Hz or close?
If your priority is motion blur reduction on an IPS.... Have you considered ViewSonic XG270? See Blur Busters Approved.

ViewSonic hired Blur Busters to factory-tune its motion blur reduction and they have gained a logo license to use the Blur Busters Approved logo. I actually flew to Taiwan for some of this. Be noted that the Blur Busters Approved program is now open to all display manufacturers, but COVID-19 has delayed some of this at this time.

That said, refresh rate headroom can be technically redirected to improve strobe quality.

Strobe at 120Hz mode on a 240Hz panel can have less strobe crosstalk than Strobe at 120Hz mode on a 144Hz panel. That's why the 120Hz PureXP+ mode on the 240Hz XG270 looks so good.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Jasa

Post by Jasa » 22 Apr 2020, 11:44

Man if the XG270 was 24/25" it would be my perfect monitor, maybe I'll just wait for more blur busters approved 240hz ips panels later this year haha

Umbra

Post by Umbra » 22 Apr 2020, 16:32

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
21 Apr 2020, 15:33
If your priority is motion blur reduction on an IPS.... Have you considered ViewSonic XG270? See Blur Busters Approved.

ViewSonic hired Blur Busters to factory-tune its motion blur reduction and they have gained a logo license to use the Blur Busters Approved logo. I actually flew to Taiwan for some of this. Be noted that the Blur Busters Approved program is now open to all display manufacturers, but COVID-19 has delayed some of this at this time.
Wow Chief, that's really F awesome news! I'm so glad that's happening in the near future. It makes me really happy and increases my hope for the future of blur reduction panels...

That being said, I honestly don't see my self using the XG270 from ViewSonic, sadly. The PPI already bothers me at 24.5"@1080p (89.91 PPI), let alone 27"@1080p (81.59 PPI).

But I will definitely keep an eye on the new Blur Busters Approved certified panels! There are no other resources I can trust in this matter, I just can't imagine how great that is for the whole community.

Thank you very much for all your work Chief, a great future is ahead!