Questions about XG270 and configuration.

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Questions about XG270 and configuration.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 May 2020, 20:57

PYRUSWON wrote:
20 May 2020, 19:50
The bad part about that news is that it seems like the crosstalk/motionblur has gotten worse actually? This is 80% likely just placebo, and I'm obsessing over it now and just super paying attention to it when I wasn't before, but I definitely feel like for some reason my panel has gotten worse as time has passed and I started messing with the OSD settings.
No.

Usually this is placebo, when you're paying closer attention than usual --

However, if you live in the southern hemisphere, and it is winter at the moment -- I should note that temperature differences (e.g. cold monitor versus warm monitor) can create crosstalk differences. This can be relevant for winter vs summer, as well as monitor just turned on in a cold room (before being warmed up). This can either decrease or increase crosstalk, depending on which refresh rate. At 120Hz, it should look best after a 30 minute warm-up period. This applies to all LCDs, since crosstalk is very sensitive to even minor GtG changes. Even a few degrees of temperature difference can noticeable change the GtG pixel response speed of any LCD. This is seen on almost all strobed LCDs, but should not be what you're seeing if you're already at room temperature.
PYRUSWON wrote:
20 May 2020, 19:50
At the end of the day, if I happend to do something that I can't immediately see without going into secret menus or something, is there just a reset button on this moniter to reset completely back to factory or something?
That's the "Memory Recall" menu option -- that will reset picture settings to factory defaults. You may try that, just in case there's something mis calibrated.

There is no current known risk of damage from wrong settings except you may just get a blank screen until you revert (e.g. removing the custom resolution on the PC side).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Jason38

Post by Jason38 » 20 May 2020, 22:10

Now I'm super interested in this monitor because of this PureXP setting. I tried to read as much as I could on this forum about it but I'm not sure if this has been asked. When it's strobing is it strobed with each refresh cycle? This PureXP 120hz mode sounds incredible.

donnie

Post by donnie » 22 May 2020, 04:07

Over obsessing about anything is not good :) It just makes things worse. When I first noticed darker edges on such panels, I constantly started looking at them and got really annoying on white screens. Eventually while forgetting about it I didn't notice it anymore. So I am reluctant to even go watch for more blurry bottom.

PYRUSWON

Post by PYRUSWON » 25 May 2020, 22:03

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
20 May 2020, 20:57
~
Hey chief, I have a quick question for you.

My XG270 firmware updated twice for some reason, but regardless of this, it appears like everytime I restart my panel now, the RGB part of it also turns on, no matter what I do. Even if I turn it off in the elite display controller, aswell as in the OSD menu, it still stays on. Any idea as to why? It also doesn't seem like the quick menu (the one besides the OSD menu) is working either, I can't seem to move up and down there. Would really appreciate help! Hopefully the firmware updating twice didn't cause any issues?

(Also, sorry for the spam quotes, I made a mistake and made like 5 posts by accident... lol)

donnie

Post by donnie » 26 May 2020, 01:56

Use the memory recall function to reset, and then reapply settings, it will fix quirky things after firmware update.

Also can you check :

https://i.imgur.com/PHrdnPP.png

And tell me what number you on?

PYRUSWON

Post by PYRUSWON » 26 May 2020, 02:53

donnie wrote:
26 May 2020, 01:56
Use the memory recall function to reset, and then reapply settings, it will fix quirky things after firmware update.

Also can you check :

https://i.imgur.com/PHrdnPP.png

And tell me what number you on?
Same as you! 520.bin

Also, do any of you happen to know if it's important to have the monitor's "Max Hertz" be on 240/144 in my instance? Or does changing your refresh rate in your PC's settings do the same thing? I've been curious about this, but never really could find and answer anywhere online. Currently it's on 240hz (and pretty much always has been) but would changing it to 144/etc make any difference? Is the monitor's displayed "240hz max refresh" in the OSD and a 144hz resolution in nvidia control panel the same as 144hz max refresh in the OSD and 144hz resolution in Nvidia control panel?

Also, thanks for the help, donnie and chief, you guys are awesome.

donnie

Post by donnie » 26 May 2020, 03:42

I think Max Refresh rate in OSD just tells you info about the maximum possible refresh rate. The current setting is shown in the Setup menu Information tab, under V. What you set in NVCP under refresh rate will be shown in information, unless the game changes it in some cases.