XG270 and FPS games

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Stefanden

XG270 and FPS games

Post by Stefanden » 22 May 2020, 18:19

Ok i just bought the xg270. I dont really like pure xp since it darkens my screen so my question is simple. What are the best settings for FPS games with pureXP of?(if possible specificly for csgo :D)!
Current settings:
response time od : faster
adaptive sync: off
240 hz refresh rate
and I also capped my refresh rate in csgo to match the monitor refresh rate

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XG270 and FPS games

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 May 2020, 22:24

Stefanden wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:19
Ok i just bought the xg270. I dont really like pure xp since it darkens my screen so my question is simple.
Did you use the brighter PureXP settings? ("Ultra" vs "Extreme" vs "Normal" vs "Lite")
These settings are 1x (original), vs 2x, 3x, and 4x brighter respectively.

If you don't have these settings, make sure to upgrade the XG270 firmware in ViewSonic Elite Display Controller software. The firmware got released a few weeks ago.

That said, you might use PureXP+ for some things and not for CS:GO, some people use it for some games but not for others. Best PureXP refresh rate is 120Hz, though works from 75Hz through 240Hz.
Stefanden wrote:
22 May 2020, 18:19
What are the best settings for FPS games with pureXP of?(if possible specificly for csgo :D)!
Current settings:
response time od : faster
adaptive sync: off
240 hz refresh rate
and I also capped my refresh rate in csgo to match the monitor refresh rate
Some users have advocated a 224Hz refresh rate instead of 240Hz because the overdrive looks much better. It's a personal preference, but 224Hz (via NVIDIA Control Panel) combined with fastest overdrive.

300fps or uncapped during VSYNC OFF is also commonly used with many high-Hz monitors too, as long as you have brute overkill framerate above Hz to reduce microstutters. This is commonly used in esports CS:GO

If you enable Adaptive Sync ON, use a ~236fps cap (240Hz) or a 220fps cap (224Hz).

300fps+ uncapped non-VRR VSYNC OFF (slight microstutter and slight lag variances but very low absolute latency)
3-4fps below Hz VRR (smooth with only top/center/bottom scanout-related latency gradient)
capped fps=Hz VSYNC OFF (smooth but slight lag sawtooth due to tiny differentials between cap and Hz)

These will have various minor (2-3ms) tradeoffs between latency consistency. versus absolute latency lowness, versus tearing/smoothness.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Stefanden

Re: XG270 and FPS games

Post by Stefanden » 23 May 2020, 10:13

There is a correlation between aim consistancy and capped fps(in csgo). For some reason 300 seemes to yield the better performance for me in game. And im really having difficulty telling the difference between faster to ultra fast(response time OD).