Viewsonic XG270 and RX 5700 XT

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Otzl

Viewsonic XG270 and RX 5700 XT

Post by Otzl » 08 Jul 2020, 06:27

Hi guys, I bought the XG270 a few weeks ago and much prefer it over the Asus VG279QM, which I thought would have good lower-than-Hz strobing, but clearly not. Anyway, I'm absolutely loving PureXP Extreme at 100Hz, as there's much less crosstalk than 119Hz and 120Hz, with none visible in the center of the screen unlike the two other modes. I'll happily take the slightly more stuttery motion over worse motion clarity.

I want to know how I could get a large vertical total resolution using AMD's custom resolution creator in the Adrenaline software. I tried following instructions but IDK how to get it up and running with AMD. Should I worry about this? Is it just for reduced latency or will it also allow for less crosstalk? If so, please sign me up. There's still crosstalk at the top and bottom of the screen and it's bothering me. :P

Oh and er, am I missing something? Just with 120Hz being described as "CRT bliss", when it's nowhere near as good as 100Hz. There's ghosting. 119Hz has less ghosting but more noticeable crosstalk.

Thanks in advance!
Viewsonic XG270 @ 119Hz (VT 2268) with PureXP "Ultra" | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | AMD Radeon RX 5700XT | Patriot Viper Steel Series 4400Mhz @ 3800Mhz 1:1 FCLK