From GN246HL(TN) to XV240Y(IPS)

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
grizzlekin

From GN246HL(TN) to XV240Y(IPS)

Post by grizzlekin » 26 Aug 2020, 04:41

I'm wondering if I've even made an upgrade.

I'm noticing some significant ghosting just swapping targets and strafing with the XV240Y with VRB set to extreme and overdrive set to normal. I wish the Blur busters buying list for 144+hz monitors had pictures of the blur tests so I could've made an informed purchase. Anyone else have similar experiences with this panel?

Also is there any information on the true panel response time of the GN246hl? I want to see if I've even upgraded as I'm not sure, I'm still within the return window of the XV240Y and any information would be incredibly helpful, Thank you!

I just recently purchased the XV240Y Acer Nitro because it was on a phenomenal sale, but upon using the monitor I'm experiencing some pretty unfortunate motion blur even with VRB set to extreme and the overdrive set to normal. Is this because of the IPS displays longer pixel response time? I've heard time and time again that the GN246HL is by far one of the worst 144hz monitors on the market. I'm still within the return window of the XV240Y, should I return it and get a different monitor?

I wish the blur busters list of best gaming monitors included their blur tests so i could make an informed purchase.