Lightboost Mod [Hardware modification method]

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
ReconFirefly

Lightboost Mod [Hardware modification method]

Post by ReconFirefly » 07 May 2014, 18:01

Dear CheifBlurBuster, and whoever has done the Vg248qe pin removal mod for surround, I was wondering if the setup would still work with 2x DVi and 1 display port, or If I would have to purchase a displayport to DVi converter.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Lightboost Mod [Hardware modification method]

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 May 2014, 18:08

RE: LightBoost Hardware Modification
(useful for surround LightBoost users)

I'm not 100% sure -- you can try it with DP first, then get the converter if it doesn't work.

For users who want surround monitors and you have not purchased monitors yet, I recommend getting a surround-friendly blur reduction technology (e.g. BENQ Blur Reduction). I recommend BENQ Z-Series monitors instead which are superior to LightBoost, brighter, more colorful, without the purple tinting, and does not depend on NVIDIA/AMD.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ReconFirefly

Re: Lightboost Mod

Post by ReconFirefly » 07 May 2014, 18:21

Ok, what about the 8800 used for the EDID, does that HAVE to be a GT or can it be a GTX or GTS?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Lightboost Mod

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 May 2014, 21:35

Any 8800 will do. A report was received that 8600 didn't work, but any 8800 did.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

ReconFirefly

Re: Lightboost Mod [Hardware modification method]

Post by ReconFirefly » 07 May 2014, 23:01

Ok, I ordered an 8800 GT from eBay for 50 bucks, my buddy has a soldering gun, and I have a swashbuckled version of 32 bit XP. Ripping that small pin 3x is going to be a pain, and as a 16 y/o mechanically challenged nerd, this will be a struggle... I'll keep you guys posted next week when the GPU gets here.