Xl2411k brightness reduction

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Lolz2

Xl2411k brightness reduction

Post by Lolz2 » 13 Feb 2021, 22:59

Hello guys ! I’m new here and i had one question about xl2411k.

When dyac turns on high/premium how much it impacts on brightness. And its worth my money?
Anyone bought this monitor ? I need more reviews and some help before buy. I play only csgo. Some vídeos brightness dont reduction as well

Falkentyne

Re: Xl2411k brightness reduction

Post by Falkentyne » 17 Mar 2021, 17:59

I don't know how the XL2411K responds, and each monitor "series" is different, so my conclusions may not apply to yours.

On the XL2746S:
DyAC High has normal strobe brightness reduction, normal for a "non LED voltage boosted" setting. Similar to what you get on ULMB modes on Gsync monitors.
DyAc Premium has an extra internal brightness boost (not related to the OSD setting) so there is very low reduction.

This is based on the "Strobe intensity" and "Area" (service menu) and OSD Brightness value being the exact same for both settings.
On the XL2746S, DyAc High and DyAc premium have different presets for Area and Intensity. Setting them both to the same exact values (and setting brightness to the same value) shows that DyAC Premium + Brightness 50 is about the same as DyAC High + Brightness 100.
I used an intensity value of 20 for these tests (25=dimmest, most blur reduction effect, 1=very little blur reduction + kiss your eyes goodbye). Hope this helps.