BenQ XL2411P " Large vertical total " trick

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Juzy

BenQ XL2411P " Large vertical total " trick

Post by Juzy » 24 Mar 2021, 06:12

Hi everybody,

I just received my BenQ XL2411P and with the help of the Blur Buster strobe utility compatible for my monitor, I made some adjustments to have even less motion blur than the regular motion blur reduction mode.

I'm pleased with the results. I made a small test on Overwatch and on fast moving targets I can see clearer during fast movements and even against slow targets. Also, I was surprised about the fact that I feel less recoil (when playing Soldier 76, with my old 144hz monitor without a MBR mode I was able to feel more the recoil, now I feel less recoil than before, and I like that because I find that I can control my aim a little better).

So I use the minimum brightness on the strobe utility to see a little clearer and to " compensate ", I use the maximum possible brightness of my screen with the MBR mode, as well as slighlty more brightness in the nvidia panel and in my games (too much brightness with the BenQ MBR mode made targets and environments too bright and I don't see clear enought to be sure in which body part I'm aiming at)

I want to reduce eye strain to the maximum as well, so I use the low blue light mode of my screen to the maximum, as well as the maximum sharpness and maximum color vibrance so I find that my eyes can focus more like that. I find the opponents to be " less pixelated ".

I prefer to play like that, after playing with different settings on my screen, with the strobe utility and with the nvidia panel.

I have find the large vertical topic (https://blurbusters.com/benq/strobe-uti ... ticaltotal) to improve even more the quality of the motion blur reduction, but It's not specified to be done with my monitor (BenQ XL2411P), however, the first comment on this topic said he have done this " trick " with the same monitor as me. So, I want to be sure that I will not damage my new monitor since I have it since yesterday only.

So, my question is : Should I try to do the " large vertical trick " to my XL2411P monitor despite It's not said to be done on this monitor ? I just want to be sure that I will not damage my monitor or potentially lower the life of my monitor doing those tweaks.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BenQ XL2411P " Large vertical total " trick

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Mar 2021, 06:59

The disclaimer is there for liability reasons.

In reality, enabling strobe mode is the risky part (but you already did that) and there used to be large vertical total bugs in some older BenQ monitors. There are no known Large VT bugs with XL2411P, especially with non-overclocked VT

As a general rule of thumb, this is the approximate strobe quality improvement (for www.testufo.com/crosstalk) that you can expect with VT1350 (non-overclocked for 120Hz) or VT1502 (overclocked). You're more at risk of corrupting your Windows registry by accident than damaging the monitor. Or needing to reboot to reset the monitor from an accidental OUT OF RANGE operation (can use ToastyX reset-all.exe to help, or delete the custom modes from NVCP)

More animations:
viewtopic.php?t=4596
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!