TUF VG27AQ1A red phosporus / rgb ghosting?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
luc4m4rio15

TUF VG27AQ1A red phosporus / rgb ghosting?

Post by luc4m4rio15 » 12 May 2021, 13:13

Hello guys!

I recently bought myself a new monitor, the Asus TUF VG27AQ1A . I'm using all the default cables (Display Port and Power Source). The was I set it up is: I turned OFF adaptive sync (g-sync) inside the OSD and Nvidia Panel. I turned on ELMB and did some slight adjustements to the Temp setting. Overclocking ON and set at 170Hz.

My problem is:

When moving my cursor on the desktop, especially on dark backgrounds (Spotify for example) or while playing Warzone (~70-80fps), I notice what you guys I believe refer to red phosphorus. I basically see ghosting and can make out the RBG in some cases, red being the most prominent. Is it that my monitor is broken or have I set it up wrong? Can I do something to get rid of the RGB ghosting or do I just have to live with it?

Any suggestions are welcome. If you can recommend a better 1440p 165Hz IPS monitor with Low Motion Blur in the same price range, please do!