[XG270] What's best settings to use for comp scene.

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
leekamon

[XG270] What's best settings to use for comp scene.

Post by leekamon » 04 Aug 2021, 05:56

Hello everyone,

I bought one of the monitors that Blur Busters have been working on, The ViewSonic XG270. I was wondering what would be the most optimal settings to use in a competitive scenario. Would it be best to use 240hz mode with PureXP ON with vsync? Would it be better to use 120hz mode with PureXP on, For low crosstalk. Should I just use 240hz mode without PureXp and without Vsync? Should I instead invest in one of those Benq monitors? Should I waited and bought the XG2431? I really just want to know if I made a smart investment. I love the PureXP on, I notice a small difference in my aim, Nothing too drastic at least for me. Tho I feel like it can be improved on more with the correct settings. My reaction time is average I would say. One thing I have hard time on is keeping track of targets with my eyes. My eyes tend to twitch left and right to keep track of targets.

I can run games fairly nice. Im running a i9-10900k with a RTX 3090. Most games I can keep up with the 240 FPS/HZ. Main games I play are Overwatch, Valorant, Fortnite.

Let me know what you guys think. I just want to know what's best settings/things to do to improve my gaming experience with competitive.

revnu

Re: [XG270] What's best settings to use for comp scene.

Post by revnu » 09 Aug 2021, 22:29

Hi,

I also bought a XG270. But like you Im also interessted to know how the XG2431 compares to it. Especially then it come to things like: Input lag, picturequality, Antiblur, etc.

For now I just made PureXO on "extreme" und set my Display to 120hz. Not made this "Low-Lag VSYNC" Trick for now, but FPS Games already look ggod and feel lagfree. Of coure a cant compare. Maybe someone out there who tweaked both Displays to max(FPS gaming) can say if the XG2431 is so much better.

greetz

revnu

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Aug 2021, 23:10

Both are well strobe tuned! The XG2431 is more flexible though and does have better strobe quality at the full 240 Hz refresh rate if you prefer max-Hz strobing. Strobing is an end-user preference, however. Max-Hz strobing usually has the least latency, but has more crosstalk than 120 Hz.

For FPS strobing, I recommend staying at max Hz* for strobing -- competitive gaming while strobing works best at 240 Hz though, while motion quality priorities (where lag is less critical) may warrant 120 Hz strobing which is clearer.

*One quirk specific to XG270. The XG270 will have somewhat better strobe quality at 224Hz due to better overdrive, so you may want to also test the 224Hz mode -- the UFOs are much clearer (fewer duplicate images -- less strobe crosstalk). Create 224 Hz in a Custom Resolution Utility (NVIDIA Control Panel) and give it a try.

If you want to do lower-Hz strobing, both XG270 and XG2431 also support Quick Frame Transport for lower input lag at 120 Hz
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

revnu

Post by revnu » 10 Aug 2021, 00:45

Hi Chief,

can you look on the screenshots I made and tell me wich one is the right setting? With my old BenQ I always just used the "reduced" timings and made the 1350-Trick after that.

But if I use 224hz, but the games I play dont get above 130fps then it makes no sense right? I put the Display into 120hz, capped the Framerate Limit to 119.99 in RTSS, enabled Fast-sync in NVIDIA-Control panel, and set pre-rendered frames to "ultra". Also I disabled VSYNC ingame (PUBG).

PureXP is at "extreme". So did I understand it right and this Display can put the Panel-hz for ex. to 224hz, but let the backlight strobe with another hz, like 100hz? Is that dependend in the PureXP setting?

revnu
Attachments
2021-08-10 07_31_35-Anpassen.png
2021-08-10 07_31_35-Anpassen.png (23.05 KiB) Viewed 5305 times
2021-08-10 07_31_51-Anpassen.png
2021-08-10 07_31_51-Anpassen.png (23.92 KiB) Viewed 5305 times