EVE spectrum monitors VRR question

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Hellstyx

EVE spectrum monitors VRR question

Post by Hellstyx » 26 Aug 2021, 09:49

Hello,

Chief has posted that he is working on VRR implementation in EVE spectrum monitors.

I can see on EVE website that the 3 models support Freesync pro and Gsync.
The monitors would be ELMB equivalent.

I would like to order one of the 3. My question is : do I have to disable strobing in order to get VRR ?
I would like to make sure that I could get strobing sync to the VRR.

Thank you !!!

liquidshadowfox

Re: EVE spectrum monitors VRR question

Post by liquidshadowfox » 09 Sep 2021, 22:12

Currently all 3 models can have Gsync/freesync but NOT strobing at the same time. So your options are as follows
1. Gsync/freesync and NO strobing
2. Strobing and NO Gsync/freesync

Chief is working on enabling VRR + Strobing at the same time. If he's successful we will have Gsync/Freesync + Strobing (like elmb sync) but it's not for sure and still a work in progress.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Sep 2021, 22:47

Yes, I'm working to add strobed VRR to some vendors in the future -- and this is one of them.

I've posted in the Eve Spectrum forums:
Eve Strobe Utility Download

And on this one:
Status Update on Eve Strobe Tuning for Eve Spectrum

I will be keeping that thread updated with VRR strobe. Right now, it is in Project #1 of 4 of the strobe tuning contract extension that Eve has commissioned Blur Busters to help with the strobe backlight with their firmware vendor, Suzhou Lehui (which is also used by multiple monitor manufacturers to program firmwares for multiple panels).

P.S. Currently, only the Spectrum 4K144 is available. And I recommend you pay that three figures for air shipping rather than slowboat shipping because of unusually slow freight shipping from pandemic / shipping congestion.

There is currently no date yet for the VRR strobe firmware update for Eve Spectrum monitors -- these things will take time -- but you can watch my status updates in that Eve thread.

Important distinction: This is "Tuned by Blur Busters" work, not "Blur Busters Approved" certification.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

liquidshadowfox

Post by liquidshadowfox » 11 Sep 2021, 20:22

I personally ordered the QHD @ 240hz model (despite the delay to january) :) I hope you get the VRR strobing working on these monitors, super excited to play with it.