ViewSonic XG270 and XBOX Series X

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
badrisuper

ViewSonic XG270 and XBOX Series X

Post by badrisuper » 02 Oct 2021, 09:32

Hi
I changed my monitor to ViewSonic XG270. Earlier I was using Benq XL2546. But I have trouble playing for more than an hour. I like viewsonic. When I tried to enable Adaptive Sync and PureXP I am not able to use PureXP if Adaptive Sync ON. And I tried to check monitor firmware update but Elite Display controller is crashing.

I appreciate your comment and suggestion on this.

Edit: I fixed Elite Display Controller Crash.

Thanks
Badri M

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ViewSonic XG270 and XBOX Series X

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Oct 2021, 14:39

badrisuper wrote:
02 Oct 2021, 09:32
Hi
I changed my monitor to ViewSonic XG270. Earlier I was using Benq XL2546. But I have trouble playing for more than an hour. I like viewsonic. When I tried to enable Adaptive Sync and PureXP I am not able to use PureXP if Adaptive Sync ON. And I tried to check monitor firmware update but Elite Display controller is crashing.

I appreciate your comment and suggestion on this.
Hello,

Currently, PureXP cannot be used simultaneously with VRR technologies such as FreeSync (VESA Adaptive Sync). Most strobe backlights (LightBoost, ULMB, DyAc, etc) can't be used simultaneously with VRR. Even the BenQ monitor models that supports FreeSync VRR can't do DyAc at the same time.

It is not a ViewSonic-specific limitation. You will have to choose PureXP or FreeSync.

Some monitors do support variable strobing now, e.g. ASUS ELMB-Sync, as well as Gigabyte Aim Stabilizer Sync, as well as some VRR strobing I'm currently working on for a future monitor (12-24 months).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

badrisuper

Post by badrisuper » 02 Oct 2021, 14:50

Thanks Chief. I disabled Adaptive Sync and started using PureXP. I can see lot of difference in games when I compare it to my Benq Monitors.

For XBOX Series X, what could be the good setup? I dont think I have much choice when it comes to gaming console.

At present I am using below config.

Custom 1: PureXP (Normal or Ultra depends on what time I use), Gamma 2.2, Black Stabilization 12. Any other setting I have to consider or change?

Thanks
Badri M

badrisuper

Post by badrisuper » 03 Oct 2021, 07:29

Hi

I observed that if I enable PureXP Response Time OD is disabled. I cannot use both?

Thanks
Badri M

spysmily1

Post by spysmily1 » 02 Nov 2021, 19:21

badrisuper,

How did you fix the Elite Display Controller crashing? I've had it work and not work multiple times since I've owned the XG270 but I can't seem to get it to work this time.