Strobelight Newer Build to Appease IT?

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
stupdude2

Strobelight Newer Build to Appease IT?

Post by stupdude2 » 05 Nov 2021, 08:41

My company's IT won't allow me to install the Strobelight app since it is very old. Is there any way to get a newer build which my IT team might be willing to let me install?

Thanks!

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Strobelight Newer Build to Appease IT?

Post by RealNC » 05 Nov 2021, 08:47

You can try the CRU method (CRU is ToastyX's Custom Resolution Utility.) There's four software methods to enable lightboost (and one hardware method.) See:

https://blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

stupdude2

Post by stupdude2 » 05 Nov 2021, 10:23

RealNC wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 08:47
You can try the CRU method (CRU is ToastyX's Custom Resolution Utility.) There's four software methods to enable lightboost (and one hardware method.) See:

https://blurbusters.com/zero-motion-blur/lightboost/
Thank you, but I'm unable to install anything without IT approval, so, aside from the hardware solution, I'm unable to try any of these.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 05 Nov 2021, 18:14

stupdude2 wrote:
05 Nov 2021, 10:23
Thank you, but I'm unable to install anything without IT approval, so, aside from the hardware solution, I'm unable to try any of these.
You said something about a "newer build" that you can run. Now you say you can't run anything. So I have no idea what your situation is.
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

stupdude2

Post by stupdude2 » 08 Nov 2021, 09:12

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not allowed to install anything, but IT will install what I need if it is not too old. It seemed to be that these other software solutions were very old as well, so IT wouldn't install them for me either.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 08 Nov 2021, 10:20

stupdude2 wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 09:12
Sorry for the confusion. I'm not allowed to install anything, but IT will install what I need if it is not too old. It seemed to be that these other software solutions were very old as well, so IT wouldn't install them for me either.
CRU 1.5.1 was released on January 18 2021:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/custom-utility-1-46369442

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Nov 2021, 10:56

If people/entities/organizations/businesses needs a stronger digital code signing certificate for ToastyX apps, we offer to recompile and sign ToastyX apps with our Extended Validation Code Signing certificate

I have reviewed the ToastyX CRU source code and it is all pretty innocuous (just modifies the EDID overrides in registry and the RESET-ALL.EXE is the undo-all feature that is included). The main risk is users who don't know what they are doing, screwing up by adding unsupported resolutions, but that is easily reverted via rebooting into Safe Mode & via RESET-ALL.EXE included (which erases the registry modifications ToastyX CRU does).

However, I'll need to ask him for permission if it's OK to offer this service.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

stupdude2

Post by stupdude2 » 08 Nov 2021, 15:38

Thanks very much for this. I added the custom resolutions following the instructions and it worked, even without the NVIDIA control panel.
RealNC wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 10:20
stupdude2 wrote:
08 Nov 2021, 09:12
CRU 1.5.1 was released on January 18 2021:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/custom-utility-1-46369442