Zowie or Viewsonic

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Shelful

Zowie or Viewsonic

Post by Shelful » 03 Jan 2022, 11:56

Hey sorry for my imperfect english

I currently have a Zowie XL2546K to test and I like LMB I have seen that the new viewsonic monitor has better lmb technology now I have a question about it DyAc does not add a delay does the technology of blurbusters add delay? And is there someone who already had both monitors and could tell me what he liked better. I have only seen one opinion here in the forum and would like a second opinion

Thanks!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Zowie or Viewsonic

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 04 Jan 2022, 22:00

Mathematically, all strobe backlights create an average of up to half-Hz latency, due to the time-differential between sequential scanout (high speed videos) that is done in the dark unseen by human eyes, before the strobe backlight flash.

Remember, not all pixels refresh at the same time. So that creates some different latency effects for different pixels, when a global strobe flash is used on a sequential-refreshed LCD panel. Some pixels have no latency penalty, while other pixels have some latency penalty. Overall, the average latency penalty (of all pixels averaged) is typically approximately half a refresh cycle, for a short-puslewidth strobe backlight. So it's a 2ms latency penalty average for a 240Hz strobe backlight.

Both DyAc and PureXP has pretty much exactly the same latency-offseting behavior -- the area above the crosstalk zone has no lag adder, and the area below the crosstalk zone has a minor lag adder.

For back in the 120Hz era (1/120sec = 8ms), here's some old diagrams.

Other variables like LCD GtG and strobe pulse width, does affect the math slightly, but this is the

I am pretty sure my writings may not translate correctly.

But the most important answer is that the latency penalty is identical for both DyAc and PureXP (relative to non-DyAc and non-PureXP respectively).

But remember, the HUMAN is also part of the input lag chain. The human is not part of display-only latency benchmarks.

There are times where the competitive advantages of a strobe backlight (for certain types of games, sometimes moreso in other games than CS:GO) reduces human reaction time MORE than the latency penalty of the strobe backlight.

So remember, always, that strobe backlights in esports (e.g. DyAc and PureXP) are used as a tool to reduce human reaction time (aka human lag) -- e.g. more easily able to see camouflaged objects in motion blur. You may find, however, strobe backlights in FPS work better for arena-style gaming (where you are continually turning/moving fast) rather than classic CS:GO style gaming. You may also find it useful to help keep your eyes better on the ball in Rocket League, and you may find use in aim-stabilizing, and you may find use in high-speed flyby attacks, etc.

Then again, you may find that DyAc/PureXP it may not help as much if you only keep your eyes stationary only on the crosshairs (e.g. camping as a sniper). Strobing is more common as percentage of esprots players in some games (e.g. Rainbow Six) than in other games (e.g. CS:GO), because of different gaming benefits from strobing.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Shelful

Re: Zowie or Viewsonic

Post by Shelful » 05 Jan 2022, 06:06

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 22:00
Mathematically, all strobe backlights create an average of up to half-Hz latency, due to the time-differential between sequential scanout (high speed videos) that is done in the dark unseen by human eyes, before the strobe backlight flash.

Remember, not all pixels refresh at the same time. So that creates some different latency effects for different pixels, when a global strobe flash is used on a sequential-refreshed LCD panel. Some pixels have no latency penalty, while other pixels have some latency penalty. Overall, the average latency penalty (of all pixels averaged) is typically approximately half a refresh cycle, for a short-puslewidth strobe backlight. So it's a 2ms latency penalty average for a 240Hz strobe backlight.

Both DyAc and PureXP has pretty much exactly the same latency-offseting behavior -- the area above the crosstalk zone has no lag adder, and the area below the crosstalk zone has a minor lag adder.

For back in the 120Hz era (1/120sec = 8ms), here's some old diagrams.

Other variables like LCD GtG and strobe pulse width, does affect the math slightly, but this is the

I am pretty sure my writings may not translate correctly.

But the most important answer is that the latency penalty is identical for both DyAc and PureXP (relative to non-DyAc and non-PureXP respectively).

But remember, the HUMAN is also part of the input lag chain. The human is not part of display-only latency benchmarks.

There are times where the competitive advantages of a strobe backlight (for certain types of games, sometimes moreso in other games than CS:GO) reduces human reaction time MORE than the latency penalty of the strobe backlight.

So remember, always, that strobe backlights in esports (e.g. DyAc and PureXP) are used as a tool to reduce human reaction time (aka human lag) -- e.g. more easily able to see camouflaged objects in motion blur. You may find, however, strobe backlights in FPS work better for arena-style gaming (where you are continually turning/moving fast) rather than classic CS:GO style gaming. You may also find it useful to help keep your eyes better on the ball in Rocket League, and you may find use in aim-stabilizing, and you may find use in high-speed flyby attacks, etc.

Then again, you may find that DyAc/PureXP it may not help as much if you only keep your eyes stationary only on the crosshairs (e.g. camping as a sniper). Strobing is more common as percentage of esprots players in some games (e.g. Rainbow Six) than in other games (e.g. CS:GO), because of different gaming benefits from strobing.
I thank you for the detailed explanation and am really grateful to you for exactly this mission so fortnite and rocket league mainly I like lmb and am really very satisfied with it now I have one more question for you there is so far only one video that really shows how it is on 240hz with pure xp on your viewsonix monitor and that is only 0:53 minutes long that from bijan is unfortunately partly wrong because the technology was not used correctly on 240hz now to my question

i would like to have a good bright picture and at the same time a perfect picture with lmb so better than that from dyac you can tell me how many nits it is to get the best possible and brightest picture with the viewonic monitor so the highest and at the same time best

another question is it worth it if you want to have the monitor delivered to europe quickly you have to pay about 160 € surcharge with shipping and customs or is it worth waiting for the release in europe there are already news the chips

Thanks in advance