LightBoost Sequel: ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur)

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Computron

Re: LightBoost Sequel: ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur)

Post by Computron » 02 Jan 2014, 19:40

I want to be sure I can have both ULMB and G-Sync on at the same time before I spend money on a monitor.
Its OK if it will come later with a Soft/Firmware upgrade, but I want that to be made clear before buying one of these.

SS4

Post by SS4 » 02 Jan 2014, 19:43

We will have to be patient, there is still a bit of NDA regarding all this as its kind of like a beta in a way but i think its safe to assume the technology is heading in that direction.

Computron

Post by Computron » 02 Jan 2014, 21:47

I hope so.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jan 2014, 21:55

Currently, the revealed October 18th information from John Carmack and AndyBNV:
http://www.blurbusters.com/confirmed-nv ... t-upgrade/
I confirm that this is how it behaves, currently.

It's a choice -- An "either-or" proposition -- not simultaneously at this time.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SS4

Post by SS4 » 02 Jan 2014, 22:56

I like how you ended by "at this time" :P
I believe a lot of ppl know whats coming but are under NDA regarding the future roadmap but like i said the way things are going and how blur reduction and g sync are gaining momentum im positive we will see exciting things this year !!

Chickenfeed

Post by Chickenfeed » 02 Jan 2014, 23:59

I got came home tonight from vacation to my new display and like a kid in a candy store quickly opened it, remounted it to my monitor arm, booted things up, installed Toasty's fix and... mother of god. Went straight to 10% brightness and personally don't find it dim ( its still a tad brighter than my calibrated 27" WQHD display.

Had to see it to believe it, the UFO test with no ghosting whatsoever is just sick. I'm viewing this on Chrome Canary as I tend to read / browse forums alot as well and the smooth scrolling is haunting to say the least :o

If ULMB can improve on this even slightly, I'll be impressed. I not even finding myself overly critical in the differences in color reproduction as more than anything I'm in awe at this level of visual fidelity.

And this is only my thoughts thus far on the windows desktop and web browsing... :D
Feedanator 6.0
CASE:FT02B|PSU:AX850|CPU:i7 4770K|Mobo:Z87 Pro|Ram:8x2GB GSkill 2400|GPU:SLI GTX 780 3GB|HD:M4 128GB+256GB/F1 1TB|SOUND:Titanium HD,PC350|LCD:VG248QE/QH270-lite|OS:Win8 x64 Pro|INPUT:SS Sensei /w HD9/DasUltSilent|COOLING:H80

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 03 Jan 2014, 00:09

Chickenfeed wrote:And this is only my thoughts thus far on the windows desktop and web browsing... :D
Welcome to the world of strobe backlight technologies :D
(LightBoost, ULMB, Turbo240, BENQ Blur Reduction)

You should create a new thread just to illustrate your first impressions of LightBoost!
We'd love to hear the "kid in candy store" perspective.

You'll find that you'll be wanting to tweaking the detail levels of your games to get the framerate-matching-stroberate motion clarity in your games (100fps@100Hz or 120fps@120Hz) or upgrading your GPU to make sure you're able to get the same zero motion blur effect in your games.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Ahigh

Post by Ahigh » 03 Jan 2014, 00:17

Hey don't forget Sony's MotionFlow impulse, Chief! I just got my Sony MFI working on my KDL-47W802A for the first time today too. So today was my first time seeing an LCD do no motion artifact movements as well. And I knew it could be done before I saw it obviously. But it's still quite the moment seeing it and finally saying "YES!!!"

zachska87

Post by zachska87 » 03 Jan 2014, 11:09

Just to clarify, you are saying that when I get a GSync board (win or purchase, I'm getting one either way) for my ASUS VG248Q, it will have ULMB support with the existing LCD panel/backlight? This is INCREDIBLE!!! I have butterflies in my stomach over a piece of tech. It's been a while since I got that excited about something!

Black Octagon

Post by Black Octagon » 03 Jan 2014, 12:16

^ yes. But that's not the same thing as saying g-sync and ULMB can be enabled at the same time... :)

Sent from dumbphone (pls excuse typos and dumbness)