ToastyX "No compatible displays found" with a compatible ASUS VG248QE

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
Colt3d

ToastyX "No compatible displays found" with a compatible ASUS VG248QE

Post by Colt3d » 22 Jan 2022, 19:17

Hello Ive been a happy asus VG248QE monitor user for years now, been using it at 1920x1980 @120hz with ToastyX lightboost utility working perfectly until a couple days ago, I didnt do anything in particular other than a few powercycles and one nvidia driver update.

Im using a DELL G7 7790 Laptop with a Geforce RTX 2060 connected to a external monitor Asus VG248QE via displayport cable.

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the 1920x1980 @120hz resolution using the lightboost utility, already tried reinstalling the latest nvidia driver but I still cant make strobelight.exe to work again

One additional piece of info is that Nvidia Lightboost function looks greyed out when I check the monitor interface directly.

Any tips on what else I can try?

Buglardons

Re: ToastyX "No compatible displays found" with a compatible ASUS VG248QE

Post by Buglardons » 30 Jan 2022, 05:52

Came here to say i have the exact same problem since a couple of weeks.
Setup: (I9 12900K) RTX 2080 VG248QE (i precised my CPU because i changed it just a month ago and problem occured after but i don't think it has anything to do with it. Maybe it's nvidia drivers or a windows update that broke it up.

ToastyX

Re: ToastyX "No compatible displays found" with a compatible ASUS VG248QE

Post by ToastyX » 01 Feb 2022, 19:40

NVIDIA broke DDC communication with DisplayPort in 511.23. Use 497.29.

DVI still works with 511.23, but if your video card doesn't have DVI, you can still initialize the monitor with HDMI or HDMI-DVI. Don't install the refresh rates with HDMI. Just run strobelight.exe. It will say no strobed refresh rates found afterwards, but don't worry about that. Then you can switch back to DisplayPort, but strobelight.exe still won't run. Technically it's not needed because after 3D mode is unlocked, strobelight.exe only acts as a resolution switcher, but if you want to use it, get this and rename it to strobelight-skip.exe to skip initialization: https://www.monitortests.com/strobelight-d2.zip

After the monitor is initialized, strobing will continue to work as long as the refresh rates are installed and the monitor doesn't lose power (turning it off is fine).