QD-OLED monitor is out. Any info about strobing capabilities?

High Hz on OLED produce excellent strobeless motion blur reduction with fast GtG pixel response. It is easier to tell apart 60Hz vs 120Hz vs 240Hz on OLED than LCD, and more visible to mainstream. Includes WOLED and QD-OLED displays.
munchie4000

Re: QD-OLED monitor is out. Any info about strobing capabilities?

Post by munchie4000 » 20 Apr 2022, 06:56

Bishi wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 05:18
I also have found that I can't live without strobing after trying many of the new IPS, VA and even TN panels, I always end up returning them and going back to my trusty Benq XL2730Z which is a good 7 years old now. That being said, I am really excited about OLED displays in general coming to the gaming market so I have ordered one of these Alienware screens so I can see it in person.
I've just recently upgraded from an XL2730Z to an ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQM as it's the first upgrade to clarity I've seen, have you tried it?

I'm intrigued by the new QD-OLED panels but feel like there is more to come from it in terms of motion clarity. Will probably pick one up in a year or two once they've ironed out the issues.

Bishi

Post by Bishi » 20 Apr 2022, 09:08

munchie4000 wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 06:56
Bishi wrote:
18 Apr 2022, 05:18
I also have found that I can't live without strobing after trying many of the new IPS, VA and even TN panels, I always end up returning them and going back to my trusty Benq XL2730Z which is a good 7 years old now. That being said, I am really excited about OLED displays in general coming to the gaming market so I have ordered one of these Alienware screens so I can see it in person.
I've just recently upgraded from an XL2730Z to an ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQM as it's the first upgrade to clarity I've seen, have you tried it?

I'm intrigued by the new QD-OLED panels but feel like there is more to come from it in terms of motion clarity. Will probably pick one up in a year or two once they've ironed out the issues.
I haven't tried that one, the many I have tried I typically returned even if the clarity was good because the VRR mode was dimmer than the XL2730Z. Thanks though, I might give it a go if the QD-OLED isn't my cup of tea. I also have an EVE Spectrum appearing at some point (if they ever finish making it).

NeonPizza

Post by NeonPizza » 20 Apr 2022, 12:53

The Samsung S95B QD-OLED was just released a few days ago.
Would anybody happen to know it's 60hz Black frame insertion Motion persistence, Motion resolution, remaining brightness/nits and how it would stack against something like the C1, when using it for SDR Movie/TV?

Wont be going back to WRGB OLED, QD-OLED is a much bigger upgrade with it's True to life QD-RGB Color, high color volume, true whites, much brighter picture, Input lag numbers match that of any modern LG OLED, supposedly no black crushing out of the box and i even hear it has a new 120fps Motion setting that forces 60fps games into 120fps without any additional input lag, unless i'm mistaken.

Bishi

Post by Bishi » 30 Jun 2022, 17:42

Received my AW3423DW earlier than expected, it is a great monitor and the first ultrawide I haven't returned! Unfortunately it is not perfect and does have noticeable fringing especially on whites, which based on most reviews it seems like I must be particularly subsceptible to as I noticed it the moment I got it out of the box and even while gaming... apart from that, the GSYNC fan noise (I'd rather it didnt' have GSYNC at all) and the lack of Blur Reduction / BFI it really is a remarkable screen and is spearheading a new generation. It is miles better than any IPS or VA panel I have used in all aspects of picture quality.