XL2411P blurry csgo

Ask about motion blur reduction in gaming monitors. Includes ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur), NVIDIA LightBoost, ASUS ELMB, BenQ/Zowie DyAc, Turbo240, ToastyX Strobelight, etc.
howcani

XL2411P blurry csgo

Post by howcani » 30 Apr 2022, 14:04

I just bought xl2411p monitor and my csgo is blurry as hell i play on 1024x768 with aa msaa x4 the models with map texture like merges with each other i boosted sharpness at max on monitor helped alittle but not much, downloaded nvidia freestyle i increased sharpness there but nvidia experience is shit i get like -120 fps where i get 300~ normally, is there anyway that i can increase sharpness or make my graphics look normally even where i run or shoot in the wall there is like dust that stays for like 1-3sec and because of that i can't see people.. in mirage for example when i walk in b apps theres like dust floating.. ofcourse if i disable aa msaa there much less blurriness but the game look crappy, can somebody help me to make my graphics better tried youtube videos nothing.. they say its csgo monitor..

RonsonPL

Re: XL2411P blurry csgo

Post by RonsonPL » 01 May 2022, 08:22

First of all, I will help you below, but I don't think that's the right place to post this thread, as it seems it has nothing to do with motion clarity.

Every non-native resolution will always look blurry on displays with fixed resolutions. Unlike the old CRT monitors and TV, modern displays like LCDs and OLEDs, have fixed resolution and only this res will display normal image. Because there would be too much of pixelization, monitor firmware is programmed to add blur filter to every non-native resolution. Sadly 1:1 upscalling is not common, so you cannot just set 960x540 res to get clear image on 1080p display, for example. At least not via monitor's internal processing.

I use 1080p monitor and 1080p resolution. I can't stand MSAA in CSGO. It just makes it too blurry.
There is also downsampling for games which do not support MSAA, but even 4:1 seems too blurry and washed out in my opinion.
So I can understand your complains.

But as I wrote. 768p resolution on 1080p screen has no chance of looking OK.

Lower the image quality, turn the native res on, and if needed, upgrade your graphics card. Even ancient cards like gtx 770 can run CSGO just fine at native res. Your only other choice would be to turn the scaling off, but this would cut your 24" almost in half.
Also, disable 3D audio, as it takes the FPS in this game down, by quite a lot.