Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

NVIDIA fix G-sync flickering ?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.

NVIDIA fix G-sync flickering ?

Postby Kaggewas » 10 Feb 2019, 04:02

Hello everyone, I heard that in the latest update, nvidia fixed the screen flicker when g-sync is on, is that true?
Kaggewas

Re: NVIDIA fix G-sync flickering ?

Postby RealNC » 10 Feb 2019, 10:38

That's what the driver changelog says. I never had flickering though, so I can't verify.
TwitterSteamGitHubStack Overflow

The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.
RealNC

Postby andrelip » 12 Feb 2019, 11:41

Here the new driver stabilized the OSD fps when using with a freesync monitor (AW2518hf). Before (despide having no issues with tearing) the reported fps was really random with ranges -20..20 even with a contant frametime with RTSS. Now the range is -2..2.
andrelip

Postby sakraycore » 15 Feb 2019, 11:19

I think that's a big deal. But I'm not in a position to test it since it's very hard to test for this. I noticed some form of faint flickering when playing FF15 at 144hz, that went away at 120hz. I think it's what people refer to as TN-based inversion flickering. But I uninstalled FF15 now so I won't be able to test it and it's not something I can notice all the time anyways.

Will have to wait for further testing from other people affected.
sakraycore

Postby macexx » 15 Feb 2019, 13:19

andrelip wrote:Here the new driver stabilized the OSD fps when using with a freesync monitor (AW2518hf). Before (despide having no issues with tearing) the reported fps was really random with ranges -20..20 even with a contant frametime with RTSS. Now the range is -2..2.

Thats wierd, I have the exact same problem (mg278q, officially supported freesync compatible).

The monitor OSD is jumping exactly 20hz up and down from the frame lock at 122fps(which is consistent) dosent mather if vsync is on or off, it does this every second.

The latest driver dident fix it for me.

What is strange is, that if I enable fastsync instead and set a frame lock at the same 122fps the vrr moves 2hz up and down.
Also with fastsync the monitor OSD shows about the same hz as an game fps meter if lets say it drops for a fwee seconds to 100fps.
With vsync on or off the monitor OSD never even comes close to match the same as the fps meter in a big fps drop.

BAh freesync compatible they say!!
macexx

Return to G-SYNC