Where are all the G-sync displays ?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Where are all the G-sync displays ?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 27 Mar 2014, 11:35

Blue_Ninja0 wrote:Same here! I feel I'm doing a disservice to play some great games with screen tearing or input lag at a 60Hz blurry monitor when I could play them with G-Sync soon. But I guess there's no use waiting then. There's no sign of any good monitor being released soon, let alone any VA G-Sync panel.
The first production GSYNC (non-kit) is the ASUS ROG PG278Q that should be shipping this summer which is no longer that far away! It's a 1440p GSYNC panel.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Blue_Ninja0

Post by Blue_Ninja0 » 28 Mar 2014, 07:30

Chief Blur Buster wrote:The first production GSYNC (non-kit) is the ASUS ROG PG278Q that should be shipping this summer which is no longer that far away! It's a 1440p GSYNC panel.
I want a 23~24 inch monitor. :( And anything above 1080p is still not an option for me yet. I'll barely be getting 90~100fps in Battlefield 4 with SLI GTX 680 x2 as it is and I only have 2GB of VRAM, which that game fills completely. With that framerate, for now my only way to reduce motion blur will be to rely on the higher than 60 framerate, or use ULMB locket at 85Hz with VSync, if it supports that.

Regardless, I'll need to wait for the 24 inch Benq or Viewsonic offers and hope that they don't have the horrible viewing angles.
I might even consider the ASUS VG248QE if this picture I found on another forum of the monitor doing the Lagom test is accurate:

It's nothing close to my actual IPS monitor, but I don't consider those pictures thaaat horrible. Anyone has more pictures of the Lagom tests on the ASUS VG248QE?

omgBlur

Post by omgBlur » 07 Apr 2014, 09:37

I'm curious, does anyone know if the DIY G-Sync kit for the VG248QE may possibly work for the VG278HE? Has anyone attempted this? Even just a tear down of both to compare the PCB inside? Granted most folks who have asked this question have said both monitors are pratically the same, but the VG278HE has 2ms vs the 1ms of it's smaller brother.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Apr 2014, 14:15

omgBlur wrote:I'm curious, does anyone know if the DIY G-Sync kit for the VG248QE may possibly work for the VG278HE? Has anyone attempted this? Even just a tear down of both to compare the PCB inside? Granted most folks who have asked this question have said both monitors are pratically the same, but the VG278HE has 2ms vs the 1ms of it's smaller brother.
The kit will not work on other panels than the panel that comes with the VG248QE. For this reason, it is actually more likely to successfully hack a GSYNC Kit into a BENQ XL2411T (same panel) than to hack a GSYNC Kit into a VG278HE.

I currently have an XL2411T, and the connectors on the panel is all in the same locations. However, I'd have to completely debezel since the XL2411T casing is not compatible to fitting the GSYNC Kit, though! You lose the ASUS OSD or BENQ OSD either way, and only get the GSYNC OSD.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Apr 2014, 18:36

Good news for those who cannot wait for GSYNC -- the GSYNC upgrade kits are back in stock for the ASUS VG248QE!

http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync-kits-back-in-stock/

fateswarm

Post by fateswarm » 07 Apr 2014, 19:11

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Good news for those who cannot wait for GSYNC -- the GSYNC upgrade kits are back in stock for the ASUS VG248QE!

http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync-kits-back-in-stock/
248 are available.

I used the trick of '999' items on basket and it made a warning:P

CoMa

Post by CoMa » 07 Apr 2014, 19:14

Hi to all, i'm new, very good site;)
Frankly i'm a bit frustated because is a shame i can't buy a kit and i'm in Italy, now i have no monitor, i'm writing with theone of my brother, so if i want buy a g-sync mointor how many options i have?
Thanks for help and sorry for my bad english.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 07 Apr 2014, 19:56

fateswarm wrote:248 are available.
I used the trick of '999' items on basket and it made a warning:P
Clever trick!

omgBlur

Post by omgBlur » 08 Apr 2014, 08:10

I've seen some VG248QE being sold on eBay with "No power" as their issue. If the problem is with the PCB wouldn't swapping it out with a G-Sync kit resolve it?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Apr 2014, 10:10

omgBlur wrote:I've seen some VG248QE being sold on eBay with "No power" as their issue. If the problem is with the PCB wouldn't swapping it out with a G-Sync kit resolve it?
It's certainly possible.
I can't guarantee it, but I'd imagine a great deal can be had by combining a defective eBay'd VG248QE with a G-SYNC upgrade kit. You're literally getting rid of an entire monitor motherboard, and monitor power supply, which means you're likely essentially repairing a monitor simply by merely doing a GSYNC upgrade. If you can take the risk; go for it!

The GSYNC upgrade kit does totally replace the power supply with an external one that powers the GSYNC upgrade board directly.