News on the ROG Swift (PG278Q)

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
whitespider

Re: News on the ROG Swift (PG278Q)

Post by whitespider » 18 Jun 2014, 01:33

I think the gamma and color saturation levels are actually most important to me because of my visual snow. My color perception seems a bit disturbed now, as does seeing dark spaces in things (contrast perception? or dimmness, not sure). So as long as the monitor is capable of rich colors to offset my issue. Then I don't mind the viewing angles and color 'shift' so much.

whitespider

Post by whitespider » 18 Jun 2014, 23:47

Although some people report real issues with color shift, and I usually sit 'below' my monitor, so it might be tricky trying to get the right viewing angle.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 19 Jun 2014, 06:38

whitespider wrote:Although some people report real issues with color shift, and I usually sit 'below' my monitor, so it might be tricky trying to get the right viewing angle.
Yeah, i do the same...
I think the only option for some is to wait for a gsync/freesync ips screen....

... as impatient as i am, there is nothing i can do about it, so just going to have to find something else to obsess about in the meantime and ignore any news that happen in monitor tech, cuz time certainly moves slower when you pay attention to everything and worry about it.

whitespider

Post by whitespider » 20 Jun 2014, 04:17

If freesync just 'rounds the refresh rate to the framerate' instead of perfectly matching it. I'm going to have to give freesync a miss. It has to be exactly as functional as gsync.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 20 Jun 2014, 04:38

whitespider wrote:If freesync just 'rounds the refresh rate to the framerate' instead of perfectly matching it. I'm going to have to give freesync a miss. It has to be exactly as functional as gsync.
My agree is @ 100%.

Some amd big shot a few days ago said that the media would get freesync beta monitors in oct/nov. So well see soon enough.

omgBlur

Post by omgBlur » 20 Jun 2014, 14:40

Edmond wrote:
whitespider wrote:If freesync just 'rounds the refresh rate to the framerate' instead of perfectly matching it. I'm going to have to give freesync a miss. It has to be exactly as functional as gsync.
My agree is @ 100%.

Some amd big shot a few days ago said that the media would get freesync beta monitors in oct/nov. So well see soon enough.

The way I see it with all these Variable Refresh monitors. It's going to be just like AMD vs Nvidia and Intel vs AMD.

G-Sync monitors will remain the top quality at a high price while FreeSync will be a bit under preformed and at a slightly lower price. So the Asus PG278Q (ROG SWIFT) goes for about $799, a FreeSync equivalent will probably go around $699-750.

Granted what I'm curious on is if they are going to do FreeSync IPS monitors @ 60Hz or higher.

GameLifter

Post by GameLifter » 27 Jun 2014, 12:16

The wait is killing me for this monitor. My current monitor has lot's of motion blur and some input lag. I need this, ASAP!

rapt0r

Post by rapt0r » 27 Jun 2014, 13:35

Pre-order price of £719 announced yesterday here in the UK at OCUK, glad I didn't wait as it is clearly a complete rip-off. Even at £519 I wouldn't have bought 1, that Asus ROG badge ain't worth that much by a long shot.

GameLifter

Post by GameLifter » 27 Jun 2014, 16:56

rapt0r wrote:Pre-order price of £719 announced yesterday here in the UK at OCUK, glad I didn't wait as it is clearly a complete rip-off. Even at £519 I wouldn't have bought 1, that Asus ROG badge ain't worth that much by a long shot.
Yeah, there's no denying it's on the overpriced side. At this point, I'm willing to pay it to have reduced motion blur and the option for Gsysc which has intrigued me since it was announced. I hope to sell my current 1440p monitor to help offset the cost of the Swift.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 27 Jun 2014, 22:43

Wow. That's $1225 for a TN panel monitor.

ASUS, are you OUT OF YOUR F****** MIND?!
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.