help me! Gsync or Blur reduction? BenQ EX2510

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
alexsacob

help me! Gsync or Blur reduction? BenQ EX2510

Post by alexsacob » 23 May 2022, 13:35

I have bought the BenQ Mobiuz EX2510. I am currently only playing Apex Legends game. I don't know whether to play with motion blur reduction or with Gsync.

I'm very sensitive to blur, but I've been told gsync is preferable. I don't know what to choose. I've read a lot of the forum but I don't finish understanding almost anything...

1000WATT

Re: help me! Gsync or Blur reduction? BenQ EX2510

Post by 1000WATT » 30 May 2022, 15:14

Create a topic with a vote.
I often do not clearly state my thoughts. google translate is far from perfect. And in addition to the translator, I myself am mistaken. Do not take me seriously.

Crazyness

Post by Crazyness » 30 May 2022, 16:15

1000WATT wrote:
30 May 2022, 15:14
Create a topic with a vote.
kinda agree on this1..

listen my dear person from internet,,

Nobody can tell you what is better for you,
no matter if its online world or IRL stuff,
you need 2 figure it out yourself.

now lets imagine your problem is a candy-bar..
and now you are asking:
if its better with strawberry or orange flavor?

how can any1 tell you what is better for you?

you gonna taste strawberry first then you gonna taste orange,
and determine by YOUR personal preference what is better for you!

this is how you should resolve any problem you gonna have in your lifetime,
by trying different solutions and failing over and over again.
untill you finaly succeed!

now lets apply this formula into your problem...

play couple of days with G-Free-sync
and play couple more days with blur reduction tech..
and after you done that..
determine by YOURSELF what is better for you..
and problem is solved.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Jun 2022, 13:45

alexsacob wrote:
23 May 2022, 13:35
I'm very sensitive to blur, but I've been told gsync is preferable. I don't know what to choose. I've read a lot of the forum but I don't finish understanding almost anything...
"It depends"

GSYNC vs ULMB Wizard

1. Can your framerate consistently reach and exceed Hz?
1a) If NO, use G-SYNC and end this wizard. G-SYNC is best for framerates that stay far below Hz.
1b) If YES, try out blur reduction

2. Are you playing a crosshairsless game or other game that requires fast eye movements?
More info: HOWTO: Using ULMB Beautifully or Competitively
1a) If NO, use G-SYNC or VSYNC OFF and end this wizard. Blur reduction does usually help stationary-gaze situations
2b) If YES, try out blur reduction.

3. Turn on blur reduction. Then temporarily test VSYNC ON (for a visuals check of TestUFO-smoothness in your game).
If the game plays stutterlessly with really clear visuals, choose the following to reduce your input lag:
3a) VSYNC ON + NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency ON (easiest)
3b) Low-Lag VSYNC HOWTO
3c) VSYNC OFF + RTSS framerate cap (And tolerate stationary tearline)
3b) VSYNC OFF + RTSS Scanline Sync (Difficult to fine-tune but can hide tearline, and is lowest lag framerate=Hz)

In other words, blur reduction helps consistent framerate=Hz situations massively, and can help improve esports scores if you're eye-tracking lots of camoflaged objects. Even in some crosshaired games, it can help arena games where you're always running to avoid being fragged and the screen is always gyrating around, and you're forced to eye track a lot more often. But if you're playing flick-point-flick-point shooters like CS:GO and doing stationary-gaze on crosshairs all the time (and using peripheral vision only for enemies to the side), blur reduction doesn't help as much as if you are eye-tracking moving objects.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

RonaldKTM

Post by RonaldKTM » 03 Jun 2022, 10:23

Hi Mark,
Sorry to jump this forum . . . just looking to connect and asking questions on 3D presentation.
Thanks Ron

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 03 Jun 2022, 12:05

RonaldKTM wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 10:23
Hi Mark,
Sorry to jump this forum . . . just looking to connect and asking questions on 3D presentation.
Thanks Ron
Didn't you ask something similar in another thread? Here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7582&p=68621#p68621
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

btsam

Post by btsam » 23 Jun 2022, 15:52

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
02 Jun 2022, 13:45
alexsacob wrote:
23 May 2022, 13:35
"It depends"

GSYNC vs ULMB Wizard

1. Can your framerate consistently reach and exceed Hz?
1a) If NO, use G-SYNC and end this wizard. G-SYNC is best for framerates that stay far below Hz.
1b) If YES, try out blur reduction

2. Are you playing a crosshairsless game or other game that requires fast eye movements?
More info: HOWTO: Using ULMB Beautifully or Competitively
1a) If NO, use G-SYNC or VSYNC OFF and end this wizard. Blur reduction does usually help stationary-gaze situations
2b) If YES, try out blur reduction.

3. Turn on blur reduction. Then temporarily test VSYNC ON (for a visuals check of TestUFO-smoothness in your game).
If the game plays stutterlessly with really clear visuals, choose the following to reduce your input lag:
3a) VSYNC ON + NVIDIA Ultra Low Latency ON (easiest)
3b) Low-Lag VSYNC HOWTO
3c) VSYNC OFF + RTSS framerate cap (And tolerate stationary tearline)
3b) VSYNC OFF + RTSS Scanline Sync (Difficult to fine-tune but can hide tearline, and is lowest lag framerate=Hz)

In other words, blur reduction helps consistent framerate=Hz situations massively, and can help improve esports scores if you're eye-tracking lots of camoflaged objects. Even in some crosshaired games, it can help arena games where you're always running to avoid being fragged and the screen is always gyrating around, and you're forced to eye track a lot more often. But if you're playing flick-point-flick-point shooters like CS:GO and doing stationary-gaze on crosshairs all the time (and using peripheral vision only for enemies to the side), blur reduction doesn't help as much as if you are eye-tracking moving objects.
hi, sorry to hijack, have a quick question re scanline sync on 60hz monitors,

does combining scanline with v-sync and/or fast sync still apply or is the above the newer preferred set of option?

thanks in advance

s

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 23 Jun 2022, 16:30

btsam wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 15:52

does combining scanline with v-sync and/or fast sync still apply or is the above the newer preferred set of option?
If you're one of the few who successfully calibrated non-standard RTSS Scanline Sync methods, that's included too --

The list is simply an example of low-latency "framerate=Hz" sync technologies that can be used to improve all motion blur reduction technologies -- and is not exhaustive nor is a new standardized set of suggestions.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

btsam

Post by btsam » 24 Jun 2022, 01:25

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 16:30
btsam wrote:

If you're one of the few who successfully calibrated non-standard RTSS Scanline Sync methods, that's included too --

The list is simply an example of low-latency "framerate=Hz" sync technologies that can be used to improve all motion blur reduction technologies -- and is not exhaustive nor is a new standardized set of suggestions.
thanks the reply

my display is just a standard 60hz with no blur reduction etc

just wondered which was best vs easiest

e.g

cap frames slighlty below 60
v-sync with ULL on
scanline

looking for consistent smooth - happy to take a slight latency hit, easiest method

i love scanline sync but find stabilising the tearline for different games a litle time consuming

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jun 2022, 12:05

btsam wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 01:25
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 16:30
btsam wrote:

thanks the reply

my display is just a standard 60hz with no blur reduction etc

just wondered which was best vs easiest

e.g

cap frames slighlty below 60
v-sync with ULL on
scanline

looking for consistent smooth - happy to take a slight latency hit, easiest method

i love scanline sync but find stabilising the tearline for different games a litle time consuming
Easiest (by a wide margin) -- Plain good old VSYNC ON + NULL

Still reasonably easy -- Low Lag VSYNC HOWTO

Hardest but lowest latency (and possibly less smooth) -- RTSS Scanline Sync

If you keep using RTSS Scanline Sync -- you might want to attempt a larger VBI (a Vertical Total bigger than 1125) to have more room to hide a tearline offscreen between refresh cycles. Or if you use VSYNC ON / Fast Sync -- intentionally calibrate it with VSYNC OFF to put the tearline visible 2/3 or 3/4 down the screen (healthy margin above bottom edge), then intentionally turn on VSYNC or Fast Sync while keeping RTSS Scanline Sync enabled. The nonstandard combination of sync technologies perform best that way.