G-Sync/V-Sync question

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Segelquist

G-Sync/V-Sync question

Post by Segelquist » 13 Jul 2022, 16:22

So I've been trying to get the "Smooth" gameplay on Warzone for months now. I've gone through the ringer with trying to optimize and determine why my gameplay becomes so "Heavy" at times...
Ryzen 7 5800x
RTX 3060ti
LG 27GN650-B
32GB Corsair Ram at 3733Mhz XMP

I believe my real bottleneck is likely my monitor being 144hz. My G-Sync range is 44-144 Hz

My system is able to push 200+ fps on Warzone, but running with Gsync/Vsync off and getting 200 fps just doesn't feel great.

Currently I'm running Gsync/Vsync on, both set in NVCP. I have tried capping FPS both in game and with RTSS. The in game limiter doesn't feel smooth at all to me. I turned on the Frametime overlay in RTSS to monitor my frametimes while playing.
When I cap my FPS at 140 with Gsync on, Vsync off, and Reflex low latency On in game, the frametime graph is literally a straight line with literally no frame spikes and shows like 7.1ms time.
When I cap FPS at 140 with both Gsync and Vsync on with Reflex Low Latency on, the frametime graph has constant micro stutters/spikes with about the same 7.1ms time.

Now what I don't understand, the gameplay feels worse on the straight line Vsync OFF steady frame pacing compared to the Vsync ON that has all of the small spikes. I would think the steady frames would mean a smoother gameplay but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is there a different route I should go for my 144hz monitor besides the obvious of upgrading the monitor? I see plenty of streamers playing Warzone on 144hz monitors and their gameplay looks so smooth all the time.