Changing LFC range with an Nvidia card?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Deadleg

Changing LFC range with an Nvidia card?

Post by Deadleg » 02 Sep 2022, 05:34

Hi all, having stuck doggedly to my beloved Panasonic plasma for all this time I recently bought an LG C1 and started having to figure out the minefield of VRR so thanks a lot for this site which has been a huge help!

One thing I'd love to be able to do is get the LFC on the C1 to kick in at 60hz through my RTX 3050 if that's possible? I can see that with an AMD card I could probably set that up with CRU but that doesn't seem to have any effect on the Nvidia card at all, LFC just begins at 40fps no matter what.

I play a lot of games that are locked to 60fps and where input lag is a big factor (fighting games etc.) and it'd be a lot less hassle if I could get this to work rather than setting up per-game NVCP profiles disabling Gsync, setting a fixed 120hz, enabling in-game vsync to avoid tearing and hoping it works out OK.. The results have been a bit variable so far. I'm guessing Gsync with LFC might improve things (or maybe not, if vsync is getting triggered anyway?) but I'd settle for 'similar, but less faffy to set up'.