G-Sync + NULL

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
jorimt

Re: G-Sync + NULL

Post by jorimt » 24 Feb 2024, 11:36

MachinaDiscipulus wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 06:52
Did you have time to thoroughly test Low Latency Mode for DX12. On my side games work without a hitch, always 138 cap when set to Ultra. Hoping that same would be done for Vulkan since Ultra Low Latency feels more natural to use with G - Sync for me...
Not as of yet, but I'm not going to test anything special. I'd do effectively the same thing others have done here already; check to see if the auto limit engages with G-SYNC.

If it does, I don't expect LLM "Ultra" to function any differently than it does on older APIs; 1) reduces the amount of pre-rendered frames on the CPU-side whenever the GPU usage is maxed with "just-in-time" frame delivery (typically reducing render queue-level latency in that scenario by 1 to 1 1/2 frames), and 2) setting an auto limit slightly below the refresh rate with G-SYNC + V-SYNC in supported games.

As per usual, there's virtually no reason to use settings like LLM or Reflex if your system isn't GPU-bound in the given game, unless you simply want to utilize the auto limit when using G-SYNC instead of setting a manual in-game or external limit.

Finally, if you have a choice between LLM "Ultra" and Reflex, the latter is superior in both how much latency it reduces in the render queue in GPU-bound scenarios, and the lack of latency its auto limit adds when combined with G-SYNC, since it's at the engine, instead of driver-level.
(jorimt: /jor-uhm-tee/)
Author: Blur Busters "G-SYNC 101" Series

Displays: ASUS PG27AQN, LG 48CX VR: Beyond, Quest 3, Reverb G2, Index OS: Windows 11 Pro Case: Fractal Design Torrent PSU: Seasonic PRIME TX-1000 MB: ASUS Z790 Hero CPU: Intel i9-13900k w/Noctua NH-U12A GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4090 GAMING OC RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 6400MHz CL32 SSDs: 2TB WD_BLACK SN850 (OS), 4TB WD_BLACK SN850X (Games) Keyboards: Wooting 60HE, Logitech G915 TKL Mice: Razer Viper Mini SE, Razer Viper 8kHz Sound: Creative Sound Blaster Katana V2 (speakers/amp/DAC), AFUL Performer 8 (IEMs)