VG248QE + DIY kit Issue

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Griff

VG248QE + DIY kit Issue

Post by Griff » 25 Jul 2014, 18:47

Hello,

I've been having a rather annoying issue that I cant really seem to fully fix. Basically sometimes when I first boot up my system, the screen reads no display device. Furthermore, on-top of that, the majority of the time that I have an issue consists of the monitor flashing black. It's almost like it is turning itself on/off repeatedly, and at times it won't turn on completely and continue to strobe a black screen. My only real solution, that doesn't work every time, involves unplugging the power cord to the monitor and/or removing and reconnecting the VGA cable from my GPU.

I have read other posts that were kind of old, but have yet to find a solution. My question is, are other people still having this issue/ have you found a fix? I hope I am not the only one here because I really want to fix this without having to spend an arm and a leg!

I've had the monitor + kit for about 2-3 months. The problems with the monitor have been around since instillation, and after reading similar stories I assumed this was a common bug. Recently it has become more frequent which is why I seek to knock this bug out. I appreciate any incite/ help!

sharknice

Re: VG248QE + DIY kit Issue

Post by sharknice » 25 Jul 2014, 21:40

To get rid of the no input detected message just press the menu button. I don't have the other problem.

Griff

Post by Griff » 29 Jul 2014, 14:27

Hmm, maybe its my GPU causing the issue. I haven't been able to find any one else with the problem. It is very random, lately I haven't had it happen at all, wish I had another GPU to test on.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 29 Jul 2014, 15:29

It could be a loose connection in the monitor. You might want to open it up and make sure everything is fitting snug.