G-SYNC diy kit price drop??

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
SS4

G-SYNC diy kit price drop??

Post by SS4 » 07 Aug 2014, 23:38

So will the diy kit for the VG248QE ever get a price drop . . . or will they keep selling it for 200$ until the VG248QE is phased out and stop making the kit then as well?

I really wish i could get one but it would cost almost exactly what i paid for my monitor when i first got it so its hard to justify such a purchase . . . i might as well just buy a new monitor instead and its lost its novelty by now with other G-SYNC monitors becoming available as time goes by . . .

Anyways, anyone has some info regarding?

Thx!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: G-SYNC diy kit price drop??

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 09 Aug 2014, 18:52

I do not think there will be price reductions for the GSYNC Upgrade Kit (at least direct from NVIDIA). The most likely price reductions of GSYNC is the emergence of mainstream GSYNC monitors. There are several preannounced GSYNC monitors that will hit the market in the coming months, as found in List of GSYNC Monitors.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SS4

Post by SS4 » 10 Aug 2014, 01:29

Yeah, i was hoping that the price would go down once these monitors hit the streets, I just wondered if any1 had any info about a price drop or not. In the meantime il keep my finger's crossed lol

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 10 Aug 2014, 14:56

NVIDIA actually released these kits in very limited quantities, in a fairly unadvertised manner. Even so, they got snapped up relatively quickly even at the current price.

I would also currently presume -- that they don't want to upset monitor vendors since they don't want to spoil the GSYNC market for the large flood of (delayed) GSYNC monitors that will gradually hit the market.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

SS4

Post by SS4 » 11 Aug 2014, 07:51

I see, I didn't think of it this way. I guess i price don't drop by next years when there are a bunch of G Synch monitor out ill just buy a new one and keep My VG248QE as is.
If i'm gonna pay the price of a monitor just to modify one, i'd rather have a second monitor instead lol. Plus i guess new monitor might have extra features eventually and the technology should be more ironed out as well.