HP x27q G-sync Alt-Tab Black Screen

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Chyddo

HP x27q G-sync Alt-Tab Black Screen

Post by Chyddo » 29 Jan 2024, 08:03

Hi fellow pixel screen enjoyers. I have been sort of losing my mind with my HP x27q monitor connected to my 3060Ti, more specifically it's VRR. I remember about a year ago when i had VRR on and i alt-tabbed a game like Apex Legends it would show up just as fast as it did using no VRR. But now when i play any game in exclusive fullscreen @ desktop resolution and Alt-Tab with VRR on, my screen goes black and it takes a couple seconds for the game to show up. But there are caveats to this too.

For old games i found using DXVK gave me the snappy alt tab into exclusive fullscreen + working VRR, but now even that gives me the same delay now, i don't know why that stopped working randomly. Anything that isn't DX12 gives me this issue now. A DX12 "Exclusive Fullscreen" game works fine, but if i change the mode to Windowed and back to Exclusive without restarting game, the same delay appears??

Another thing i found is that if i create a custom resolution and alt tab i get the same length of black screen. For example if i run Apex legends at 1920x1440 (4:3) + VRR the delay is the exact same as Native Resolution + VRR but native res + no VRR gives instant Alt-Tab like i used to have.

I'ts like VRR makes the monitors refresh rate like .001 different for fullscreen exclusive therefore causing this delay. I should also mention that have used the DP 1.4 cable that came with the monitor, but it worked before and i have no other issues besides this VRR-related one.

List of things i've tried, but open to trying again:

Replugging monitors, Reseating GPU etc.

Changing CRU settings, such as deleting other refresh rates and resolutions.

Enabling + Disabling HDR (I always have it disabled, worth a try though)

Changing G-Sync setting to "Windowed + Fullscreen"

Changing color settings / resolution / Hz to prevent Nvidia DSC from compressing the signal (I should be below threshold for DP 1.4 but you never know)

Yelling at the monitor (It didn't listen)

Does anyone else have this issue with this monitor or just in general, and did you manage to fix it? I have attached a CRU screenshot showing the monitor's settings if that is of any use, and i could provide more info if needed. Thanks in advance :D
Attachments
1.png
1.png (31.24 KiB) Viewed 816 times