G-Sync - Laggy at <55fps, same for you ???

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
MxOAgentJohnson

Re: G-Sync - Laggy at <55fps, same for you ???

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 23 Mar 2015, 20:05

GameLifter wrote:
MxOAgentJohnson wrote:Right now i'm trying 3 games out, if the fps fluctuates on them the mouse stutters but if i use a gamepad it is silky smooth if the fps jumps about
the games tested Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Origins and Ethan Carter.
My mouse is a Razer Abyssus at 1000hz polling rate, infact if i turn the polling rate down it stutters even more.
If the fps is locked to 60 or 120, always the mouse is fine.
This is getting weird.
I had the same experience with Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 when I first got my Swift. Like I said in my previous posts Crysis 3 got fixed with a driver update but with Tomb Raider I never tried it again using a mouse since I prefer to play it with a controller. I'll load it up again sometime and see if it still has stuttery mouse movement.
Right now its extremely hit and miss for games to be smooth with fluctuating fps with Gsync.
Kind of regretting getting it now, gsync seems like a big load of bollocks, smooths out fluctuating fps but brings in mouse jumping every now and then when fps is like >85.

Very poor.

GameLifter

Re: G-Sync - Laggy at <55fps, same for you ???

Post by GameLifter » 23 Mar 2015, 23:00

MxOAgentJohnson wrote:
GameLifter wrote:
MxOAgentJohnson wrote:Right now i'm trying 3 games out, if the fps fluctuates on them the mouse stutters but if i use a gamepad it is silky smooth if the fps jumps about
the games tested Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Origins and Ethan Carter.
My mouse is a Razer Abyssus at 1000hz polling rate, infact if i turn the polling rate down it stutters even more.
If the fps is locked to 60 or 120, always the mouse is fine.
This is getting weird.
I had the same experience with Tomb Raider and Crysis 3 when I first got my Swift. Like I said in my previous posts Crysis 3 got fixed with a driver update but with Tomb Raider I never tried it again using a mouse since I prefer to play it with a controller. I'll load it up again sometime and see if it still has stuttery mouse movement.
Right now its extremely hit and miss for games to be smooth with fluctuating fps with Gsync.
Kind of regretting getting it now, gsync seems like a big load of bollocks, smooths out fluctuating fps but brings in mouse jumping every now and then when fps is like >85.

Very poor.
Do you have an SLI setup? I have two GTX 680s and G-Sync generally isn't as smooth with an SLI setup when compared to single card setups due to microstutter. It doesn't completely explain why some games run smoother with a controller but who knows. Battlefield 3 was especially smooth when I last played it with G-Sync on so if you have that game it will be a good one to try.