Games only showing black screen when using GSync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
LightningApple

Games only showing black screen when using GSync

Post by LightningApple » 15 Feb 2024, 12:08

Hi

I have an Asus Zephyrus G14 (5900HS/3060) I've connected it to an AOC 24GS2P via DP with a DP 1.4 cable running at DP 1.2 through the Laptop's USB C port that's compatible with DP and connects directly to the GPU. The monitor is running at 1080p 165hz. Using NVIDIA drivers version 551.52. G sync enabled using the Blur Busters post. The monitor supports adaptive sync from 48-165Hz.

Whenever I run a game with G-Sync enabled the screen goes black. Everything else works fine, I can alt tab out to get the screen working again. I've tried a bunch of stuff to get this to work but haven't been able to

1. Trying out lower monitor refresh rates, color spaces, and resolutions to see if it's a bandwidth issue.
2. Different cable
3. Disabling Freesync
4. Different monitor settings like disabling Adaptive Sync and enabling it. Game mode. Disabling overshoot. Different color profiles
5. Using CRU to change from 48 baseline to 50hz baseline
6. Tried forcing to get the GPU to adjust scaling (Control panel wouldn't allow it, couldn't force this setting)

Can't find anything else online to try. Everything works fine when G-sync is off (specifically the "display specific settings" option) and works fine on HDMI (no G-Sync, lower frame rates, lower refresh rate). Honestly don't even notice too much tearing with G-Sync off.

Still, would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks!

nvidasucks

Re: Games only showing black screen when using GSync

Post by nvidasucks » 17 Feb 2024, 14:21

Just made this account to let you know we had success on using a previous version of the graphics driver. latest update caused this issue for us

LightningApple

Re: Games only showing black screen when using GSync

Post by LightningApple » 17 Feb 2024, 15:46

Which version have you been using? I'll give it a shot. Thanks!