G-Sync Questions

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
alpy

G-Sync Questions

Post by alpy » 17 Mar 2024, 16:33

Hello there, I have been constantly looking over information online regarding the optimal G-Sync setup and there is so many conflicting opinions I simply do not know what to follow...

Currently I have been using, G-Sync and V-Sync enabled in NVCP alongside capping my frames to 160 (on 165hz)

Is this universally the best option for most games, I play both competitive games and also single-player games so I don't want to have to tweak settings constantly for minor improvements, is there anything else I should change or disable?

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: G-Sync Questions

Post by RealNC » 23 Mar 2024, 05:09

Yes, that's the recommended setup with most games. Unless the game fluctuates too wildly with its framerate and you want it to be more consistent, in which case you would use a lower cap. For example if you play a game that runs at 90FPS in some locations and then at 160FPS elsewhere and you find the difference in how the game feels annoying, you can cap to 110FPS or so to make it feel more consistent.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.