But can it play Crysis?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
ZTylerDurden

But can it play Crysis?

Post by ZTylerDurden » 03 Sep 2014, 18:55

No, really. We all know Crysis and sometimes Crysis: Warhead will put a strain on any rig dropping frames below 60fps maxed out. Does g-sync address those frame drops and we can finally play uber smooth Crysis?!

sharknice

Re: But can it play Crysis?

Post by sharknice » 04 Sep 2014, 01:05

ZTylerDurden wrote:No, really. We all know Crysis and sometimes Crysis: Warhead will put a strain on any rig dropping frames below 60fps maxed out. Does g-sync address those frame drops and we can finally play uber smooth Crysis?!
I played Crisis 1 and 2 and both worked great. I was getting well over 100 fps in both.

flood

Post by flood » 04 Sep 2014, 01:48

sort of... as discussed in the other thread, motion will still start to really suffer once fps drops below 40 or so.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 04 Sep 2014, 04:34

flood wrote:sort of... as discussed in the other thread, motion will still start to really suffer once fps drops below 40 or so.
That apparently isnt the case with the retail gsync monitors anymore. It will remain smooth down to 30s... and lower it will just feel like slow fps, but no artifacts until ur in the teens.
Was the case with that beta monitor, yes.

ZTylerDurden

Post by ZTylerDurden » 04 Sep 2014, 06:39

Edmond wrote:
flood wrote:sort of... as discussed in the other thread, motion will still start to really suffer once fps drops below 40 or so.
That apparently isnt the case with the retail gsync monitors anymore. It will remain smooth down to 30s... and lower it will just feel like slow fps, but no artifacts until ur in the teens.
Wait hold on, what beta monitors? I just ordered this one:
http://overlordcomputer.com/collections ... 8qe-g-sync

Haste

Post by Haste » 04 Sep 2014, 07:43

Edmond wrote:
30fps...
40fps...
smooth?!

My head hurts.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

Haste

Post by Haste » 04 Sep 2014, 07:47

Edmond wrote:
Eh?
If you're talking about the Rog Swift, it doesn't refresh under 30Hz.

fenderjaguar

Post by fenderjaguar » 04 Sep 2014, 08:41

Crysis and warhead are excellent with g-sync. Probably the best showpieces, along with metro 2033

ZTylerDurden

Post by ZTylerDurden » 04 Sep 2014, 11:44

fenderjaguar wrote:Crysis and warhead are excellent with g-sync. Probably the best showpieces, along with metro 2033
Seriously can't wait. Still wondering what this guy above said about beta monitors and if the one I purchased fits that category.

Haste

Post by Haste » 07 Sep 2014, 08:26

I haven't tried Crysis or Crysis Warhead.
But I tried Crysis 3 with G-sync. And it works pretty well at 80fps average.
It's running on a newer version of the same engine. So I'm optimistic Crysis and Crysis Warhead will play well with it as well.

As to what Edmond said, it doesn't make much sense, so I wouldn't worry about it. I suppose when he says beta monitors, he's probably referring to the monitor you ordered. As it was the first G-sync solution available to consumers at the time.