Suggestions for running games on my setup

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
JaBaDaBaDu

Suggestions for running games on my setup

Post by JaBaDaBaDu » 05 Apr 2024, 13:48

Greetings,

I need help about setting games in optimal way.

For example, now I am playing Witcher 3 and max framerate in the most demanding scenes is around 110fps (Novigrad square).

My monitor is Samsung Odyssey G40B - 240Hz

Only game that I currently play in 240Hz is Quake2 cause its easy to achieve that framerate in that game.

Currently in witcher 3 I have set ingame fps to unlimited, in nvidia control panel vsync on, and in RivaTunerStatistics I locked fps to 60 cause I love to play smooth without stutter.
What is lets say the correct or best way to play Witcher 3 on my PC in terms of Gsync, vsync framerate limiter settings?

My Pc setup is: Ryzen 5 5600, 32Gb RAM 3200Mhz, RTX 4070, ssd...

Thank you in advance

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for running games on my setup

Post by RealNC » 05 Apr 2024, 15:13

I use the in-game limiter set to 120FPS (this is plenty for me) and have Nvidia Reflex enabled in the game to make FPS drops completely unnoticeable when it comes to input lag.

And in general in all games, I cap FPS to a value that the game can reach most of the time. I don't like huge FPS fluctuations.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

JaBaDaBaDu

Post by JaBaDaBaDu » 05 Apr 2024, 15:20

I forgot to write that I have Reflex ON ingame also.
Do you have enabled vsync on in nvidia cp (if you use nvidia gpu)?
I noticed that if I limit fps with RivaTunerStatistics vs ingame limiter, I have less stutter. Stutter in my case is 1 fps down in rare situations.
Thanks for your answer and time.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 05 Apr 2024, 17:43

JaBaDaBaDu wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 15:20
I forgot to write that I have Reflex ON ingame also.
Do you have enabled vsync on in nvidia cp (if you use nvidia gpu)?
I noticed that if I limit fps with RivaTunerStatistics vs ingame limiter, I have less stutter. Stutter in my case is 1 fps down in rare situations.
Thanks for your answer and time.
Yeah, I have vsync ON globally in nvidia panel, OFF in the in-game settings.

RTSS (and also nvidia panel FPS limiter) are known to fix stutter in some games. In-game FPS limiters on the other hand sometimes provide an extra input lag reduction. I just use in-game limiters, unless the RTSS or nvidia limiters result in less stutter.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

JaBaDaBaDu

Post by JaBaDaBaDu » 06 Apr 2024, 01:33

Thank you once again, now I am know for sure how to set up this kind of options.