Latest maxwell drivers not working with Gsync

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Threx

Latest maxwell drivers not working with Gsync

Post by Threx » 20 Oct 2014, 12:06

I have a big issue getting Gsync to work.

USING GTX 770:

While using the latest driver (344.11, supports Maxwell) my Gsync is broken. I test this using the Gsync pendulum demo. Gsync is shown to be activated during the demo, but I get terrible stuttering, just as much as Vsync On.

When I roll the driver back to 340.52 (released in July, doesn't support Maxwell), Gsync works fine.

USING GTX 980:

I just bought a 980 Strix. While using either of the latest drivers that support Maxwell (344.16 or 344.11), Gsync is broken again. I have confirmed that Gsync does "activate" but it's super stuttery.

I'm unable to roll back to the 340.52 driver since it doesn't support Maxwell so it refuses to install.

Anyone have any ideas? =/

Note 1: The "Enable Gsync" option -is- checked in the control panel.
Note 2: In "Manage 3D settings" I have tried switching Power management mode to both Adaptive and Prefer Maximum Performance, neither works.

I'm using Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I also use DDU every time I do a driver reinstall.

gridironcpj

Re: Latest maxwell drivers not working with Gsync

Post by gridironcpj » 23 Oct 2014, 02:42

Nvidia has done a horrible job with the rollout of G-sync. I have had nothing but problems with my ROG Swift due to drivers. My advice is to complain to Nvidia, although they probably won't listen. We're the guinea pigs and the mainstream consumer is the ultimate winner, as they'll be getting WORKING G-sync at half the prices we paid. This is the last time I invest in a new Nvidia technology outside of GPUs.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 23 Oct 2014, 08:54

gridironcpj wrote:Nvidia has done a horrible job with the rollout of G-sync. I have had nothing but problems with my ROG Swift due to drivers. My advice is to complain to Nvidia, although they probably won't listen. We're the guinea pigs and the mainstream consumer is the ultimate winner, as they'll be getting WORKING G-sync at half the prices we paid. This is the last time I invest in a new Nvidia technology outside of GPUs.
Lol... you know what that sounded like?

"this is the last time im eating at macdonals... while ordering the extra fries"

CoMa

Post by CoMa » 24 Oct 2014, 06:51

But he is right actualy g-sync is a scam, when i play at 60 hz with my monithor 144 native i have horrible blur... i think it's better to have a very good 60 monitor for play in this time.

GameLifter

Post by GameLifter » 24 Oct 2014, 10:04

Have you tried the latest drivers (344.48)? They mostly fixed the stuttering issue I was getting with Doom 3: BFG Edition but that issue wasn't G-Sync related I don't think. Have you tried any games with G-Sync? I remember the Pendulum Demo becoming a tad bit more stuttery after the 344.11 update but it fixed the issues I was having with some of my games. So far, G-Sync has been working very well for me overall. Not perfect, but still way better than V-sync/no V-sync.