No G-SYNC in Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn?

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Monomyth

No G-SYNC in Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn?

Post by Monomyth » 30 Oct 2014, 19:16

I've had my ROG Swift for a day and a half now. Running one GTX 780 with 344.48 drivers. Tested G-SYNC with all my other fullscreen games and it's working.

FFXIV doesn't have an in-game Vsync control to turn off, though it does have a frame limiter. I've tried it with the limiter both on and off, no luck, the power LED still isn't turning red and turning up the shinies still produces a stutter-fest.

I have a suspicion it may have something to do with the in-game dedicated fullscreen mode not being truly a fullscreen mode with a dedicated buffer--Alt-Tabbing my way out of the game is very fast on native resolution with no noticeable difference between it and Borderless Windowed mode.

Any workarounds would be greatly appreciated!

ManuelG_NVIDIA

Re: No G-SYNC in Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn?

Post by ManuelG_NVIDIA » 31 Oct 2014, 18:51

I believe this game has frame locked to 65 FPS.
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread.

Monomyth

Re: No G-SYNC in Final Fantasy XIV:A Realm Reborn?

Post by Monomyth » 31 Oct 2014, 21:08

ManuelG_NVIDIA wrote:I believe this game has frame locked to 65 FPS.
That doesn't make sense to me because I can do this:

The game works at any frame rate that I specify here in ULMB mode. I am looking to play in G-SYNC mode--I thought G-SYNC refresh rate settings were supposed to be variable?

EDIT: I reinstalled the game, and now G-SYNC works. Go figure. Thanks anyways!