G-Sync - Black screen / No input detected/Grapic Card

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
zeal89

G-Sync - Black screen / No input detected/Grapic Card

Post by zeal89 » 07 Nov 2014, 13:30

Hello, this is my 2nd time buying a G-sync monitor, the last one i sent back cause it wouldnt work with my GTX 690, it was the same issue as i have now.
But i now bought a Zotac GTX 980 Extreme AMP!.

So everything was running smooth and fine, and i told myself WOW its totally awesome and then wanted to apply the G-Sync sticker to the back of monitor.

I slide the monitor a bit to the side and the screen goes all black, no input detected... Hmm what now?!
I've now tried to unplug graphic card, monitor, tried to see if any cables not inserted correctly.
But its the same sh1t still, it now shows BIOS, Windows in safe mode etc in a small screen in my upper left corner with borders that are deranged.
I've Uninstalled drivers now and try and see if that will fix it, but to no avail.
Please help me! I have no clue what is wrong!!!!

Falkentyne

Re: G-Sync - Black screen / No input detected/Grapic Card

Post by Falkentyne » 07 Nov 2014, 13:38

What monitor is this? The Asus ROG?
I've seen so many issues with these gsync monitors that I don't know what to think. There seem to be some hardware defects, and even some DRIVER issues which seem to be 'breaking' or glitching the monitor. Someone said they played BF4, and after they finished, the screen got corrupted and was corrupted in BIOS, windows load screen and on a different computer.
Some said that changing displayport cables improved things, some said it improved nothing.
The ones that have working monitors love them, but those same people flame and troll those with defective/buggy hardware that are NOT enjoying their screens...I guess if you pay $800 for a screen and it works great, you have to justify that purchase by flaming others, no?

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 07 Nov 2014, 14:02

Falkentyne wrote:What monitor is this? The Asus ROG? No the ASUS ASUS 24" VG248QE
I've seen so many issues with these gsync monitors that I don't know what to think. There seem to be some hardware defects, and even some DRIVER issues which seem to be 'breaking' or glitching the monitor. Someone said they played BF4, and after they finished, the screen got corrupted and was corrupted in BIOS, windows load screen and on a different computer.
That is also correct, i was playing and all fine and when i touched my screen it went all black etc.
I have now tried to install drivers etc, just wont work when booting windows noramally, it goes black on the windows loading screen, i can hear the windows sound.
I had to deactivate the GTX 980 in the controlpanel on unithandler etc to boot windows "normally" it isn't normal cause its a tiny screen top left corner with corrupt display limit etc. It just dont want to display my windows/screen when graphic card detected, didnt have this issue like 1 hour ago....

zeal89

Post by zeal89 » 07 Nov 2014, 16:14

Right now my G-sync display wont even boot up any screen capturing at all, its just all black all the time... and that is after deactivate and activate my GTX 980 in the controlpanel in windows "Safe mode", i activated it after installing drivers. Then rebooted to see if it will show any display at all, it didnt.
So what the hell is going on, the display wont even show the "Features" while clicking up the display menu asfor it usually says " ASUS-G-sync display 144hz Language english etc.
Its as if the screen no longer has any drivers or does not know how to function anylonger, im right now testing if i can start the screen while using this screen, but when i can "Check" the G-sync display it just doesnt "Check" itself, nothing...