G-Sync + IPS Panel

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
cheneric

G-Sync + IPS Panel

Post by cheneric » 13 Jan 2014, 05:10

How long will it take for that to come out? A year? 3 years? It seems too soon to tell, but if anyone can share some insight into this that would be great. If it's in the distant future, I'm just going to lock in on a G-Sync DIY kit for my Asus. Looking forward to the part 2 review of G-Sync.

RealNC
Site Admin

Re: G-Sync + IPS Panel

Post by RealNC » 13 Jan 2014, 07:20

We can speculate. In my view, G-Sync is something gamers want, so manufacturers will focus on gaming monitors. IPS panels are not gaming focused, so I think it might take a while. If one would to appear soon, it would probably be an overpriced, niche monitor.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Black Octagon

Re: G-Sync + IPS Panel

Post by Black Octagon » 13 Jan 2014, 07:48

Overlord Computer is one of NV's monitor partners for G-Sync. After dealing with the current backlog of displays by big brands (ASUS etc.) for which NV is developing G-Sync modules, Overlord's overclockable IPS panels will reach the front of the queue. When that will be, and when G-Sync enabled IPS screens actually are up for sale, I can't say. However, everything I've posted in this...post...is already stated by Overlord in the G-Sync thread of their own forums

Sent from dumbphone (pls excuse typos and dumbness)