Is the nVidia pendulum demo available for download? [yes!]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
sofakng

Is the nVidia pendulum demo available for download? [yes!]

Post by sofakng » 15 Jan 2014, 19:16

Is the nVidia pendulum demo available for download?

I'd like to give it a try on my new G-Sync monitor.

(I don't have much time now to test it but I'll try and report more impressions tomorrow; the install was fairly easy though)

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Is the nVidia pendulum demo available for download?

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Jan 2014, 21:08

sofakng wrote:Is the nVidia pendulum demo available for download?

(I don't have much time now to test it but I'll try and report more impressions tomorrow; the install was fairly easy though)
I have a copy of it, but let me ask NVIDIA for permission if I can put it up for download. Firing off an email now.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sofakng

Post by sofakng » 15 Jan 2014, 21:49

Thanks! I appreciate you checking. Let me know what you find out :)

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 16 Jan 2014, 03:46

I'd be interested in downloading the demo as well. As long as FedEx doesn't screw up and forget where my house is again I should be ready to test tomorrow as well.

shaney

Post by shaney » 27 Jan 2014, 06:11

Subscribing to this thread for when/if demo is available too.

enilsen16

Post by enilsen16 » 28 Jan 2014, 22:24

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
sofakng wrote:Is the nVidia pendulum demo available for download?

I have a copy of it, but let me ask NVIDIA for permission if I can put it up for download. Firing off an email now.
Have you gotten a response back? I have been trying to get a copy of the demo for a week now. I want to really stress test GSYNC with SLI because i have not had any issues as of yet.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Jan 2014, 23:01

I'll ask again in my next semi-weekly email update (which I collect together some common GSYNC issues and send off to them).
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

enilsen16

Post by enilsen16 » 28 Jan 2014, 23:06

Chief Blur Buster wrote:I'll ask again in my next semi-weekly email update (which I collect together some common GSYNC issues and send off to them).
Ok, Thank You. Im going to contact them directly as well. I am a member of the press and all, it should be that hard to get a copy. :D

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 28 Jan 2014, 23:12

enilsen16 wrote:Ok, Thank You. Im going to contact them directly as well. I am a member of the press and all, it should be that hard to get a copy. :D
Please feel free to reach your contact, and if you get permission, do inform me. ;)

They haven't said "No" but not "Yes" either. I'd rather not release my copy without permission.

Which press (magazine/news/blog/reviews/site) do you work for? Around here in Blur Busters Forums, we're okay if you mention affiliation of a reputable organization or site (e.g. "Name, Reviewer Of Tech Stuff for ThisNews" in your signature).

enilsen16

Post by enilsen16 » 28 Jan 2014, 23:50

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
enilsen16 wrote:Ok, Thank You. Im going to contact them directly as well. I am a member of the press and all, it should be that hard to get a copy. :D
Please feel free to reach your contact, and if you get permission, do inform me. ;)

They haven't said "No" but not "Yes" either. I'd rather not release my copy without permission.

Which press (magazine/news/blog/reviews/site) do you work for? Around here in Blur Busters Forums, we're okay if you mention affiliation of a reputable organization or site (e.g. "Name, Reviewer Of Tech Stuff for ThisNews" in your signature).
I write for Alienbabeltech as the Gaming Editor but I don't have a direct contact for NVIDIA PR. I met him at this past year's PAX but I think I may have miss placed his business card. Ill have to ask my editor. I just happened to own the ASUS monitor when they announced the DIY kit. Which is why I have a GSYNC monitor before anyone else at ABT. Thank You!