G-Sync game compatibility - Post your test results here

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
aeliusg

Re: G-Sync game compatibility - Post your test results here

Post by aeliusg » 15 Apr 2015, 18:09

Joolsyz wrote:
aeliusg wrote:
Joolsyz wrote:Anyone tried GTA V yet? I can't get it running well with G-Sync on my set up.
How so? Working well enough for me with GTX 970's and a Swift.
Getting quite a lot of micro stutter with G-Sync on, regular v sync smooth, I'm on a 780Ti.
Are you using a mouse or a controller? The mouse situation is fucked up, I'm afraid. Sensitivity/acceleration is dependent on frame rate. I use relatively conservative graphics settings and "Windows" mouse input mode along with a Windows mouse acceleration fix and super-high DPI on my Razer Naga, and it's still a little wonky, but workable. If I remember correctly, you're the poster who complained about perceived stutters and such in certain games a while back? If so, you might want to stick with the controller on this one. I use an Xbox One controller and everything is quite smooth overall.

Edit: or stick with Vsync if you want to use the mouse.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 16 Apr 2015, 13:55

I'm using a controller :/ I'll just have to settle with regular v-sync for the time being i guess.

Do you have the steam version? And are you running win 7 or 8?

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 16 Apr 2015, 14:15

Joolsyz wrote:I'm using a controller :/ I'll just have to settle with regular v-sync for the time being i guess.

Do you have the steam version? And are you running win 7 or 8?
Steam version on Windows 7. I've noticed some microstutter as well (e.g. the cutscene right before Michael dives off the pier, for some reason, which is weird because essentially nothing is in view except the characters), but I didn't go back and check if it was there with Vsync.

chadamir

Post by chadamir » 18 Apr 2015, 07:46

Does the polling rate of the gamepad matter? I could not find anything about a 1000 hz gamepad.

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 18 Apr 2015, 08:38

chadamir wrote:Does the polling rate of the gamepad matter? I could not find anything about a 1000 hz gamepad.
Doubtful. Gamepads don't really have the kind of precision you'd need 1000 hz polling to take advantage of.

chadamir

Post by chadamir » 18 Apr 2015, 09:09

aeliusg wrote:
chadamir wrote:Does the polling rate of the gamepad matter? I could not find anything about a 1000 hz gamepad.
Doubtful. Gamepads don't really have the kind of precision you'd need 1000 hz polling to take advantage of.
So no issue of microstutter?

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 18 Apr 2015, 11:21

No. The thumbsticks on the gamepad are not tracking absolute position of the camera like a mouse, they are tracking the speed at which the camera should move. That way the game engine can handle the position with as much accuracy as it needs to.

That said, I have never experienced stuttering caused by mouse input before. 1000Hz should be more than enough to compensate for visual stuttering. I think the real issue is that a lot of mice can't maintain 1000Hz and the polling rate fluctuating is what causes the stutters.

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 18 Apr 2015, 12:07

chadamir wrote:
aeliusg wrote:
So no issue of microstutter?
In the game there seem to be issues of stutter that are independent of the input method.

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 02 Jun 2015, 20:50

nimbulan wrote:
No. The thumbsticks on the gamepad are not tracking absolute position of the camera like a mouse, they are tracking the speed at which the camera should move. That way the game engine can handle the position with as much accuracy as it needs to.

That said, I have never experienced stuttering caused by mouse input before. 1000Hz should be more than enough to compensate for visual stuttering. I think the real issue is that a lot of mice can't maintain 1000Hz and the polling rate fluctuating is what causes the stutters.
I have, GSync and using the mouse on Tomb Raider 2013 stutters sometimes when the fps isnt perfect to the refresh rate however it doesnt happen on controller.

RLBURNSIDE

Post by RLBURNSIDE » 05 Jun 2015, 11:32

Project Cars works great with my GTX 970 on windows 10 and Acer 1440p g-sync.

Trying Drive This Track next!! I'll report back. I have a feeling it's going to be my new favorite racing game :) Need to build a second PC soon so one person can play on the projector and another on the g-sync monitor in the other room. Plus an extra racing wheel.