G-Sync game compatibility - Post your test results here

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Sparky

Re: G-Sync game compatibility - Post your test results here

Post by Sparky » 25 Mar 2015, 22:37

Sounds like it might just be the game hitching, not much the display can do about that. Maybe graph frametimes in a game where it happens and a game where it doesn't?

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 26 Mar 2015, 02:16

Sparky wrote:Sounds like it might just be the game hitching, not much the display can do about that. Maybe graph frametimes in a game where it happens and a game where it doesn't?
In all honesty mate it might be just a case of mind over matter, but i do see a little bit of something, i cant put my finger on it, maybe its just because its so more precise than a controller that theres actions my hand do that cause what might be a speedup, speed down, but i swear on my lfie theres a little pause in some games with it, not enough to ruin a game but a tad noticable.

I took off my overrclock and Hitman seemed better, testing some other games later to see if it helps.

Danybonin

Post by Danybonin » 04 Apr 2015, 13:09

Joolsyz wrote:
Right now i'm trying 3 games out, if the fps fluctuates on them the mouse stutters but if i use a gamepad it is silky smooth if the fps jumps about
the games tested Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham Origins and Ethan Carter.
My mouse is a Razer Abyssus at 1000hz polling rate, infact if i turn the polling rate down it stutters even more.
If the fps is locked to 60 or 120, always the mouse is fine.
This is getting weird.

Are you really able to play "The Vanishing of Ethan Stutter" smoothly?
5930k at 4.4 Ghz
Asus x99 deluxe
16GB ddr4 3000mhz
2080 ti
ssd 850 pro 512GB + 1T evo 840 + 1T pcie ssd
win 10 64bits
Asus pg27uq 4k HDR 144hz monitor
(sorry for my poor english, i speak french)

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 05 Apr 2015, 09:48

Bioshock Infinite seems rather stuttery, dont remember that last time i played it but i had it vsynced on 60fps last time, this time i seem to get odd stutters and sometimes gsync just doesnt like areas.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 05 Apr 2015, 10:55

MxOAgentJohnson wrote:Bioshock Infinite seems rather stuttery, dont remember that last time i played it but i had it vsynced on 60fps last time, this time i seem to get odd stutters and sometimes gsync just doesnt like areas.
It's been a while since I've played Bioshock Infinite but my previous experience tells me that the game's dynamic data loading system is a bit broken. It will progressively fill up your VRAM and after that point, whenever the game needs to load new textures there's a stutter.

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 05 Apr 2015, 22:21

Trying everything i my power to figure out the problem with Tomb Raider, the mouse stutters on gsync suck, but doesnt appear on pad, its one of the only games that does this.

hitman absoloution doesnt seem very smooth either.

Ugh this stuff sucks.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 06 Apr 2015, 09:51

I didn't find bioshock infinite particularly smooth under g-sync either. Runs perfectly with bioshock 2 though.

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 06 Apr 2015, 11:01

Joolsyz wrote:I didn't find bioshock infinite particularly smooth under g-sync either. Runs perfectly with bioshock 2 though.
Yea bioshock 2 is super smooth, but infi doesnt seem very smooth.

I'm so confused by the tomb raider problem, locked 60fps gsync non gsync is fine with mouse, however at certain areas the mouse skips and then gets better in the same area. But doesnt with a controller.

And theres some games that just mouse skip like Max Payne 3, but are really smooth with a pad. But Arkham Origins isnt smooth with either but i think those are both game problems cause they happen w/o gsync and with vsync locked or whatever.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 06 Apr 2015, 11:53

MxOAgentJohnson wrote:
Joolsyz wrote:I didn't find bioshock infinite particularly smooth under g-sync either. Runs perfectly with bioshock 2 though.
And theres some games that just mouse skip like Max Payne 3, but are really smooth with a pad. But Arkham Origins isnt smooth with either but i think those are both game problems cause they happen w/o gsync and with vsync locked or whatever.
Try Max Payne 3 in DX9 or DX10 mode. I found the game microstuttered badly in DX10.1 and DX11 but ran silky smooth with DX9 and DX10. As for Batman, make sure PhysX is disabled, it seems to cause constant stuttering in that game.

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 06 Apr 2015, 13:51

nimbulan wrote:
MxOAgentJohnson wrote:
Try Max Payne 3 in DX9 or DX10 mode. I found the game microstuttered badly in DX10.1 and DX11 but ran silky smooth with DX9 and DX10. As for Batman, make sure PhysX is disabled, it seems to cause constant stuttering in that game.
Thanks for the advice man! I had a similar issue in arkham city but only when gliding due to texture streaming, i'll give these solutions a go once the games reinstall!