G-Sync game compatibility - Post your test results here

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Joolsyz

Re: G-Sync game compatibility - Post your test results here

Post by Joolsyz » 06 Apr 2015, 14:58

I played tomb raider from start to finish with g-sync having not played it before. It wasn't completely perfect, it did get a little hitchy around certain parts of the game, no idea why. This was with a pad.

Max Payne 3 ran perfectly with g-sync on my system under dx 11 but that's with a pad, I've not tested it much with the mouse.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 06 Apr 2015, 15:34

Joolsyz wrote:Max Payne 3 ran perfectly with g-sync on my system under dx 11 but that's with a pad, I've not tested it much with the mouse.
It's definitely not a mouse issue for me. It's a game engine stutter, not an input stutter.

MxOAgentJohnson

Post by MxOAgentJohnson » 06 Apr 2015, 17:54

nimbulan wrote:
Joolsyz wrote:Max Payne 3 ran perfectly with g-sync on my system under dx 11 but that's with a pad, I've not tested it much with the mouse.
It's definitely not a mouse issue for me. It's a game engine stutter, not an input stutter.
With a xbox controller i have no engine stutters in MP3 atall, so i guess results vary, however i had consistent mouse pacing issues, like --\---\---\---\--\----\--\\-----\- if that makes any sense.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 10 Apr 2015, 20:08

With GTA V out in a couple of days it'll be interesting to see how it it runs under G-Sync, fingers crossed it works well.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 10 Apr 2015, 20:18

Joolsyz wrote:With GTA V out in a couple of days it'll be interesting to see how it it runs under G-Sync, fingers crossed it works well.
Let's hope so. I'm a bit worried after the trouble I had with Max Payne 3 since it's on the same engine, but they've had a few years to improve it.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 11 Apr 2015, 00:44

Gmod gsync micro stutters on any setting besides fps_max 100. Tried forcing different dx levels with -dxlevel 80 and setting different prerenderd frames with no avail. Tried to cap with RivaTuner and still doesn't work. Even with vsync enabled.

I got a feeling that Gmod can only display 100 frames a second and anything more than that will just cause the game to repeat frames it has already displayed. I wish I could get more, as fast bhopping with a extra 40~ frames would be wonderful.

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 11 Apr 2015, 01:10

lexlazootin wrote:Gmod gsync micro stutters on any setting besides fps_max 100. Tried forcing different dx levels with -dxlevel 80 and setting different prerenderd frames with no avail. Tried to cap with RivaTuner and still doesn't work. Even with vsync enabled.

I got a feeling that Gmod can only display 100 frames a second and anything more than that will just cause the game to repeat frames it has already displayed. I wish I could get more, as fast bhopping with a extra 40~ frames would be wonderful.
I've had similar problems with Source engine games in the past. I'd always have to set the fps_max equal to my refresh rate when vsync was on to stop it from intermittently stuttering. It's been fixed for newer versions of the engine but probably not for that specific game.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 15 Apr 2015, 13:28

Anyone tried GTA V yet? I can't get it running well with G-Sync on my set up.

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 15 Apr 2015, 17:28

Joolsyz wrote:Anyone tried GTA V yet? I can't get it running well with G-Sync on my set up.
How so? Working well enough for me with GTX 970's and a Swift.

Joolsyz

Post by Joolsyz » 15 Apr 2015, 17:57

aeliusg wrote:
Joolsyz wrote:Anyone tried GTA V yet? I can't get it running well with G-Sync on my set up.
How so? Working well enough for me with GTX 970's and a Swift.
Getting quite a lot of micro stutter with G-Sync on, regular v sync smooth, I'm on a 780Ti.