[fixed] Input Not Detected on GSYNC upgrade - help

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
sharknice

Re: Input Not Detected on GSYNC upgrade - help

Post by sharknice » 17 Jan 2014, 02:18

Upgrading to Windows 8.1 didn't fix anything. I'll probably just reinstall windows tomorrow.

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 17 Jan 2014, 17:34

Well I reinstalled Windows 8.1 and it the monitor worked and windows even identified it as a GSYNC monitor instead of generic monitor, although it was a little weird because it set the refresh rate to 64hz and didn't let me change to anything else. It did let me set the resolution though.

But as soon as I installed the NVIDIA drivers it stopped working. I also tried Windows 7 and it did the same thing as soon as I installed the drivers. I was able to hook it up to my onboard intel GPU and it worked until I installed the intel graphics drivers.

So it looks like it is a problem with the GSYNC kit and monitor. I guess I'll open it up and just try reconnecting everything but it seems very weird to me that it would work fine as long as I'm not using drivers. Could I have got a defective kit?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jan 2014, 17:41

Damn!

It's possible -- maybe your monitor has problems running at higher than around 60Hz.
I think this is the type of problem that requires assistance from NVIDIA.
NVIDIA is currently overloaded, so still waiting for a reply to my previous emails to NVIDIA contacts, but if your kit includes NVIDIA contact information, can you contact NVIDIA and see how fast they react through that channel?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

sharknice

Post by sharknice » 17 Jan 2014, 18:52

I think I fixed it because it is working now.

It think the LVDS and LCD power cables were swapped in the wrong wholes, but I'm not sure, I just reconnected everything.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

[fixed] Input Not Detected on GSYNC upgrade - help

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 17 Jan 2014, 19:06

sharknice wrote:I think I fixed it because it is working now.

It think the LVDS and LCD power cables were swapped in the wrong wholes, but I'm not sure, I just reconnected everything.
Aha!
Good to hear that it was just a classic case of "loose wires".

(cue chips, springs, nuts and bolts noisily falling out of an A.M.C.E. Deluxe Monitor, as Wil E. Coyote tries to mod it for G-SYNC)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!