PoWn3d_0704's Gsync Thread

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
Neo_Bogard

Re: PoWn3d_0704's Gsync Thread

Post by Neo_Bogard » 23 Jul 2014, 15:57

Cooknn wrote:So, is SLI still a no go with G-Sync on the VG248QE? I was planning on getting a second 780 Ti in November for Project Cars.
Nvidia's FAQ states that SLI works. This is an issue?

I have two 4 gig 760s and was planning on getting the ROG Swift.

Zhyr

Post by Zhyr » 30 Aug 2014, 23:45

whitespider wrote:I remember running assassins creed 3, and noticing that the game felt smoother at
30fps on one gtx 670 than it did with two running 58fps. The 58fps was more responsive and smoother at times, however the feeling of consistency that came with the 30fps single gpu, made the framerate feel more natural.
That's why people bitching about FPS locks in racing games bug the hell out of me. Much easier to get a smoother, consistent game at a lower frame rate with less graphical artefacts than at a higher one.

Edmond

Post by Edmond » 31 Aug 2014, 08:04

More than one GPU has always been problematic. Always.

And now, since you can buy a gsync monitor and you want a totally artifact free gaming, and a smooth, artifact free motion is valued over everything else... more than one gpu makes even less sense and works against your goal.

Sell of any gpus you have before the 900s launch and then get the best single gtx900 you can afford. And just use a single gpu - simple, far less headaches, and you can spend more time enjoying games instead of hitting your head against the wall that is all these problems.