Consistent tearline at top of screen with G-sync [bug?]

Talk about NVIDIA G-SYNC, a variable refresh rate (VRR) technology. G-SYNC eliminates stutters, tearing, and reduces input lag. List of G-SYNC Monitors.
headachebr

Re: Consistent tearline at top of screen with G-sync [bug?]

Post by headachebr » 09 Jun 2015, 22:23

Sorry to revive this post but I'm seeing the same issue on my Acer XB270HU. I'm using two GTX 680s and drivver 352.86

What has been the resolution? Is the problem the monitor? (I still have time to return it if it is) Or my hardware? :|

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 10 Jun 2015, 00:10

When I upgraded to a GTX 970 the problem disappeared. It seemed to be a problem with my old GTX 760, rather than the drivers or monitor. I would suggest swapping your two cards to see if the problem lies with your current primary. I never did figure out what specifically caused the problem. I wouldn't worry about it though unless it's REALLY bothering you. I doubt the GPU manufacturer would accept that as a reason for an RMA.

headachebr

Post by headachebr » 10 Jun 2015, 07:44

I was hoping that wasn't the resolution of the problem as the G-Sync technology was clearly made possible for Kepler cards... :|
Buying a newer GPU will make me spend more money and probably have a less performance than my current cards :(

I'll give it a try when I get home tonight to see if swapping the DP cable to another GPU fixes it, or swapping the actual cards.
*fingers crossed*

I can't imagine I'm the only one who has 680s and Gsync... :(((

nimbulan

Post by nimbulan » 10 Jun 2015, 10:01

You're the first person I've found whose had the same problem as me, or at least the first person to have noticed it. My best guess is that it's a minor timing issue with the display output.

headachebr

Post by headachebr » 10 Jun 2015, 20:52

I swapped the display port cable from one of the GPU and put on the other and that seemed to help a lot... I still see some kind of "line" at the top of the screen, but now it doesn't bother me that much.

Thank you for the help! :)